Hab door central locking stopped working

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by jenny and mitch, Mar 30, 2013.

1. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

What superb timing... Noticed today that all doors lock on the fob except the Hab door...
    Dug out my notes from Autotrail and checked fuse 36 on the dash, OK.. Off to France in Wednesday 13.15 Hrs from Dover to Calais and its a bank holiday weekend... I think I'll wait until we get to warmer climes and then take the inner door panel off and check back from there...... Has anyone had this fault ???? All advice gratefully received...... Mitch.:Sad:

2. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Very common,, my 2012 van fails to locks on many occassions. We always make a point now of double checking.
    The subject has been mentioned on several forums, no real answer off Autotrail.
    A thing that i did notice, like others have also seen. The contacts on the had door are steel and not brass.. So they rust up and that wont help the electrcal connection.. A few time i have rubbed the rust off the contacts...

My van is back at Autotrail on 15th April.. I will add this to the "list" as see what they say..

3. golly

golly Funster

I have an auto-sleeper and have the same intermittent problem, cleaning the contacts help but doesn't cure completely. I never trust it and always double check.

4. The Dude

The Dude Funster

We have the same problem with our Autocruise and also noticed that the bottom of the habitation door didn't close properly (wind whistling through it during the Newark rally!!). Took it back to dealers this week and he has 'fixed it' sort of. Now you need to slam the door to make sure it shuts properly and then the central locking works. I guess the next thing that will happen is something will fall off or break on the door due to the constant slamming!!!

5. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

Autocruise plus many other manufacturers had massive problems with doors around this time.
    One of the biggest was rot along the bottom. I had a Gleneagle and had two new doors within three years, still rotted. A replacement door worked out at £2300, yes £2300 fitted. They cannot be adjusted and the bow effect is also due to a crap product from Dometic at the time.
    Careful how you slam it, think of the £££££££.

6. The Dude

The Dude Funster

Our Autocruise is only 17 months old - were the door problems identified around October 2011 build time? Or maybe it was built before then but only registered in Oct 2011 - so do you know when the problems identified?