Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Hi, i have a sigma S30 originally fitted by Brownhills .my hab door has stopped locking with the radio key .the passenger door is ok and the garage doors are still covered by the alarm. .I have put new battery in the key to no avail .Is there a separate censer in the hab door ,if so is it a do it yourself job subject to me being able to dissemble the door or does it need to be done by the professionals. Advice please.

OP
OP
treetops1

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Thanks for that Mo or should i say SIR lol but there is nothing to be seen the sensor i feel must be inside the door frame connected to the lock as is the passenger door nothing to see.:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 9, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I also have a sigma alarm that was fitted by Brownhills when new. My problem however is that the alarm goes off randomly and I can't work out the cause.

If the magnetic sensor is not working, perhaps the sigma system thinks the door is open and therefore doesn't lock? Does the door lock if you use the Rapido central locking control?

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Hi.are you sure its the alarm & not the door lock itself.i had the same problem & it turned out to be the lock.sometimes it did lock & other times it idid.try your key in door after locking it with alarm.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The remote locking will only work with the lock barrel in one position. If its been unlocked with the key it may be in the wrong position. Try turning it with the key to different positions and retry the remote.
I had this problem because my garage had moved the lock with the key rather than using the remote when they serviced it.

OP
OP
treetops1

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Thanks you all for the advice after testing today it appears that the lock works ok on the key but not on the fob everything else is fine.Next question does anyone know how to take the door apart to change the lock or relay.a diagram would help if possible . I be-grudge Brownhills the £85 for the first hour then see how we go attitude .cheers.H.

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
I own a Rapido and my hab door stopped locking recently. The problem was that the wiring within the concertina tubing had burned out, I was able to ease out the ends of the tubing exposing the damaged wiring, cut out the damaged section and reconnect the ends with a wiring connector, all works fine now.
Geoff.

OP
OP
treetops1

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Thanks for that Geoff i will have a look at that before attempting to strip down door:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back