Gypsy challenges right to park on green belt land (1 Viewer)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just wondering..........If it wasn't a traveller that was challenging the right to park on green belt land and just someone not from the travelling community wanting planing permission for something. Would it have been reported in some newspaper or posted on Motorhome FUN.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
From the story in the link
Lord Justice Elias has now decided to allow an appeal focusing on the provision made for Gypsies and Travellers by local councils.
I think it is those (unusual) grounds that make it newsworthy, Dave, as the result will have wide significance both for the traveller community and local authorities.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
From the story in the link
I think it is those (unusual) grounds that make it newsworthy, Dave, as the result will have wide significance both for the traveller community and local authorities.
I have no doubt it will have very wide significance Graham. Lets just hope it does not turn into another excuse to bash the travellers.

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
At least they asked for planning permission rather than just putting it up over a weekend!:Smile:

There are some very nicely set up 'gens de voyage' sites between Louviers and Evreux off the N154. Not that I'm suggesting they go there!:ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have no doubt it will have very wide significance Graham. Lets just hope it does not turn into another excuse to bash the travellers.

I hope that, whatever the outcome, it is resolved quickly and amicably. I do find it disappointing, though, that the family lived on the land before applying for planning permission rather than the other way about.

It isn't all that long ago that we had the wasteful saga of Peter Howell not far away from here and many still remember the Albert Dryden case even though it is over 20 years ago. Both could have been avoided easily.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
It's one rule for them and another rule for everyone else.

I doubt the authenticity of modern so called travellers if they are true Romany, then fine but very very few of them are.

Anyway if your a "Traveller" why do you need planning permission?

If you stay in just one place you are not a "Traveller".

Pete:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back