Gutted!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jez and Lin, May 29, 2012.

1. Jez and Lin

Jez and Lin Funster Life Member

My pride & joy has just been reversed into by a Boater wearing upper crust type of Chap who obviously bought his driving license:cry:. He's put a big dent / scrape down the side of my Van & his reaction was to start rubbing & tapping his rear bumper without a second glance at the carnage he caused to my freshly polished beauty :Angry:.
    Anyway he's admitted it was his fault so hopefully I won't have any problems insurance wise. Has anybody been in a similar situation because I know of an excellent Auto Repair company but will his insurers insist on one of their own & what if I'm not happy with the result ?. Also I have an external BBQ point just above the impact and Gaslow filler just above that so think its wise getting that checked as well.

2. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

What a pr**!!! There was a loud bang here on campsite yesterday evening--woman whacked her car in reverse, straight into a lighting post. Made a hell of a bang but didnlt seem to be damage to her car.

Hope insurance sorts it out. (Yours--not hers)

3. Cardeau

Cardeau Funster

Sorry to hear about the damage to your MH. I've recently read somewhere that you do not have to accept a repair company nominated by the insurance company. Try calling your local Citizens Advice group as they could give you further guidance.

Insurance companies have a vested interested in getting the repairs done for the lowest possible cost. However, it's you that has to live with the quality of the repair.

Best of luck, i hope you get everything sorted quickly.

Richard

4. Cardeau

Cardeau Funster

5. pablomc

pablomc Funster Life Member

I didn't use the insurance's nominated repairer on my car. They did state I may have to pay any extra if the quote was high (which I was prepared to battle), but as it happened they accepted the quote.