Gutted! (1 Viewer)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
My pride & joy has just been reversed into by a Boater wearing upper crust type of Chap who obviously bought his driving license:cry:. He's put a big dent / scrape down the side of my Van & his reaction was to start rubbing & tapping his rear bumper without a second glance at the carnage he caused to my freshly polished beauty :Angry:.
Anyway he's admitted it was his fault so hopefully I won't have any problems insurance wise. Has anybody been in a similar situation because I know of an excellent Auto Repair company but will his insurers insist on one of their own & what if I'm not happy with the result ?. Also I have an external BBQ point just above the impact and Gaslow filler just above that so think its wise getting that checked as well.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
What a pr**!!! There was a loud bang here on campsite yesterday evening--woman whacked her car in reverse, straight into a lighting post. Made a hell of a bang but didnlt seem to be damage to her car.

Hope insurance sorts it out. (Yours--not hers)

Apr 1, 2012
Sarratt, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry to hear about the damage to your MH. I've recently read somewhere that you do not have to accept a repair company nominated by the insurance company. Try calling your local Citizens Advice group as they could give you further guidance.

Insurance companies have a vested interested in getting the repairs done for the lowest possible cost. However, it's you that has to live with the quality of the repair.

Best of luck, i hope you get everything sorted quickly.

Richard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I didn't use the insurance's nominated repairer on my car. They did state I may have to pay any extra if the quote was high (which I was prepared to battle), but as it happened they accepted the quote.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back