Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
To all those many people who diagnosed my gas issues as being a faulty regulator...........Id just like to say

It was:Smile:

So hugs to all those bright sparks
and a kick in the goolies for Truma for producing such a useless bit of bulkhead mounted crap......with 100s of disgrunled users all over the internet !

barry

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
thousands not hundreds my last one had less that 6kg of gas before packing up Truma will not replace them under warranty:Eeek:.The laws do not seem to apply to them

OP
OP
B

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
thousands not hundreds my last one had less that 6kg of gas before packing up Truma will not replace them under warranty:Eeek:.The laws do not seem to apply to them

Having read many of the posts ..it seems that Truma have said its not the fault of their product but that its the fault of the gas suppliers for having oil in their gas bottles.

But talking to other people it seems that "older" regulators "went on forever" with the same gas bottles.
So it would seem that Truma cocked up the design of this bulkhead mounted regulator and just wont admit it .....refusing to replace them .

So why do the motorhome and caravan makers still fit them ?
At £50 a go to replace them its a crime !

barry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
I attended a lecture at a self build meet by the guy who wrote the haynes manual on campers (cant remember his name john something old age again ) who said that oil could be passed to regulator if entry was at top. the suggestion was if enty at the bottom it let the oil residue run back into the bottle and not contaminate the regulator.

for what it is worth

OP
OP
B

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
I attended a lecture at a self build meet by the guy who wrote the haynes manual on campers (cant remember his name john something old age again ) who said that oil could be passed to regulator if entry was at top. the suggestion was if enty at the bottom it let the oil residue run back into the bottle and not contaminate the regulator.

for what it is worth

I think If I was about to design a regulator I would at least look at conventional wisdom...and what design issues were important.

There is obviously an issue here and truma do have a responsibility to create products that work. Is oil in gas bottles a new issue?
If not design products to cope with it As it seems regulators have done in the past.
Its a bit like designing a tyre that cant cope with the wet.Then blaming the rain ...not your tyres.

Trading standards ( If they had any teeth ) should be looking at this.

But motorhome manufacturers are also lazy in continuing to use components which have a track record for failing.

This is what we find :Smile:

barry

If oil is running into the regulator...why not design a regulator that could Be cleaned....
Give that man a toffee apple !

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
[HI]If oil is running into the regulator...why not design a regulator that could Be cleaned[/HI]....
Give that man a toffee apple !

Because they think when a problem arises the gullible amongst us will buy a straight replacement & improve their profits.....................:Angry:
..........well there are alternative manufacturers out there and it's high time Truma realised that.

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
Because they think when a problem arises the gullible amongst us will buy a straight replacement & improve their profits.....................:Angry:
..........well there are alternative manufacturers out there and it's high time Truma realised that.
why else would they install them with the inlet uppermost:Doh::Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back