LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Dont think that is how it is spelt,, but anybody intending to stay at the site next to the hospital and has a rig bigger than 25/30 ft dont bother,, horrendous place to get to with a big rig..

Parc Verger,, France,,, and Twin Lakes are both to be highly recomended..

Nearly came home yesterday after having to jack nife my truck to get round a bend and putting a dent in it (even long beds need a slider unit "trust me") after the Guardia site fiesco and the finding the only other one in the area had closed down,, came onto Averia. heading of to Lisbon for a few days then on down to the Algarve.

Loads of LPG stations in Portugal,, but I am afraid I cannot remember the name of the fuel company garage,, if I remember and can get back online in the next few days I will post.

Petrol is of a norm,, 109/119.5 euro per litre diesal a lot cheaper,, most of that named petrol co that I cannot remember LPG 54 litre..

France motorways LPG 71/72 litre.

Thats about it there are only so many Mcdonalds one can eat to get on the net and my battery is on the way out..

Hope all is well with everyone

Regards
Maurice & family.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks Mo, I look at all the dinks and scratches on my RV its just like keeping a journal as the memories come flooding back as I remember how I got every little dent and scrape, they are badges of honour on a big rig::bigsmile:

Must get mine fixed soon else there will be no room for the new ones::bigsmile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Glad your OK bummer about the rig (mines battlescared:Doh::RollEyes:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks Mo, I look at all the dinks and scratches on my RV its just like keeping a journal as the memories come flooding back as I remember how I got every little dent and scrape, they are badges of honour on a big rig::bigsmile:

And no so big too !

I've on or two for the category "how on earth could I get a scratch there".

Overhang was my first jump up the learning curve.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi All.

Had a few relaxing days at "Averio" (Not spelt right) and then an amble down to "Lisbon",, not seen many sights yet but seems a nice place, staying on the "Orbitor" site on the southern side of the city. Going to do the touristy thing tomorrow and take a boat ride across the river and do a tour in a cab or bus or tram and take in some of the sites. (The only drawback to having a big yankie truck wont fit in a lot of car park spaces and the narrow roads are a bit hairy)
This site is one of the tightest we have been on with the 5er, and not to be recommended.
With the ACSI discount it is only 15 euros with electric for a big rig,, but very few big accesible plots.
Not a bad site, every thing advertised is pretty well open,, but not the outside Disco,, so cannot strut my stuff and shake the wobbly bits..

Gas still plentiful down here,, filled up yesterday at 52 euros a litre,, petrol still very dear, Diesal a lot cheaper

Hope all is well. Stay Safe drive carefully, Catch you in a few days.
Regards
Maurice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back