Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
A nice Dutch lady on the opposite pitch though:thumb:

Thinking of going Dutch eh.

You naughty lawyer you.

It has been remarked in the past, once "professional" types get free off the office they are are like kids let out of school.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thinking of going Dutch eh.

You naughty lawyer you.

It has been remarked in the past, once "professional" types get free off the office they are are like kids let out of school.

I am not the professional type Brian.

My biggest issue is the fact the Dutch lady I like has a daughter of about 20.:Doh:

Where did those years go?

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
I am not the professional type Brian.

My biggest issue is the fact the Dutch lady I like has a daughter of about 20.:Doh:

Where did those years go?

What's the daughter like ? :Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Marriage counselor to female client: Maybe your problem is that you've been waking up grumpy every morning.
Client: No, I always let him sleep.
....................................................................................................

Q: What do you call a grumpy cow? A: Moo-dy...
....................................................................................................

Boom, boom.... :RollEyes::ROFLMAO:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00009RIP9/?tag=mhf04-21

Try one of these, protects the computer (and anything else) also put your phone through it and will protect that as well.

Hi! Thanks for that, we do have a surge protector on the computer, but nothing could have stopped lightning hit the BT line outside the house.......just a pity we didn't get the phone pulled out of the wall before it zapped right down the wire and into the phone:Eeek:

p.s. Update........almost a week now and BT still haven't got our landline back on:Angry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

So ?

20 + 20 ( I'm being generous ) = 40. That's a youngster to most around these parts.

Oh. I said parts. I didn't mean parts. Oh no, apologies if I offended anyone.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Just wait till you get older Chris look is all you can manage:ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
but nothing could have stopped lightning hit the BT line outside the house.

Dead right, you don't mess with that stuff.

A few years ago the house next door got hit. Minor fire. Whole house had to be rewired.

Here, the phone line caught it. One socket was blown off the wall. Computers and phones dead. All phone wiring needed replacing. One place, the phone wiring crossed a copper water pipe, the wire was vaporised.

I still have the blackened socket as a souvenir.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
The seven dwarves, just back from a European tour to promote their latest film, were in McDonalds where Happy spotted two nuns in the queue.

He approached and asked them if they knew anyting about a convent full of midget nuns.

"No" came the reply.

"What about in Europe?"

"Definitely not..."

Happy smiled and went back to his friends' table.

"Well?" five of them asked...

Happy answered in song...

"Grumpy shagged a penguin... Grumpy shagged a penguin..."

(Sorry about that...)

JJ :Cool:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
my wife says that I am only happy when I am grumpy. can I join in.i only want to be happy.:Doh:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Don’t talk to me about dwarves!

Ran into the back of some idiot last week and when he got out and walked back towards me I saw he was a DWARF. As I wound down my window he said “I’m not happy”

“Oh, which one are you then?” I asked.

That’s when he hit me.

About 40 vans wilding at Hitshals for the ferry to Iceland, I'll go join em. :getmecoat:

Last edited:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Dead right, you don't mess with that stuff.

A few years ago the house next door got hit. Minor fire. Whole house had to be rewired.

Here, the phone line caught it. One socket was blown off the wall. Computers and phones dead. All phone wiring needed replacing. One place, the phone wiring crossed a copper water pipe, the wire was vaporised.

I still have the blackened socket as a souvenir.

I suppose that after reading your story we've got off lightly. But it is now a full week since the BT line and phone got zapped and they still haven't been out to sort us out. One whole week and no landline........grrr!
I've made umpteen phone calls to Tesco Home Phone on the mobile about it, we're in a queue and the engineer "should" be out tomorrow (Wednesday).
This wouldn't happen in the town, but we're out in the rurals...........:Angry:

Bill (Mr Very Grumpy):Angry:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
trust you to find mr grumpy.i only find the sleepy ones.:Angry:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
***NEWSFLASH***

BT HAVE BEEN THIS MORNING, REPLACED THE LINE THAT WAS "ZAPPED" AND FRIED OUR HANDSET, BUT IT ONLY TOOK THEM 8 DAYS TO GET HERE:thumb:

But it seems that the lightning struck customers from Stranraer and eastwards going along the coast, so we're not alone. At least now the broadband is back on, no more slow Vodafone dongle and it's flying along.

So much for Tesco Home Phone telling us that BT would not require anyone to be at home, as it was an outside problem........they needed to come inside and sort it. So much for Tesco Home Phone staff:Doh:

So now we're both happy bunnies...........well, I'm usually Mr Grumpy, but Margaret is always Mrs Happy::bigsmile::thumb:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
you have to be really dopey to belive a phone sales person.we will get all the dwarves in.i cant wait to meet snowhite.i wont be grumpy then.:ROFLMAO:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Does this all relate to grumpy trousers, or to the strange little pies they sell down here (called grumpies). Which are nice, but not as nice as pasties.

LesleyJean; my brother, a caravan tower for his sins, is spending the next two weeks down in Woolacombe, not far from you? If you see him, take pity on him as he has three daughters aged 9, 8 and 7 ( he's heard all the jokes about finally finishing out how to do it) and needs all the sympathy he can get.

He is 47, about 6ft tall, and has the same haircut as me, which n s been variously described as "none", Kojak, egg and cheap (on the rounds that I save tons on haircuts, which go some way towards my wife's careful coiffing. The rest goes to our less careful quaffing.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I think I have got what I want.now I want the time to do it.whatever it is :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back