grrrrr

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ronidog1, Mar 13, 2016.

1. ronidog1

ronidog1 Funster

felling a little growly.:madder: Some one drove into the back of my van this morning at a set of traffic lights. Now I have the hassle of the insurance claim and waiting for the bent/buckled back doors etc to be fixed. I was told by my insurance claim line that I could have a free like for like hire vehicle. I can't wait for them to tell me what I can I have!

Oh yes we are ok:)

Time for a beer..

• Like Like x 4
  2. Figaro

Figaro Funster

Sorry to hear of your shunt, was it in a van or motorhome ?
    Hope you get it sorted quickly.
    If motorhome, a review of insurer and how they handled claim would be interesting to hear particularly if it`s one of the main moho insurers / brokers.
    Chris

3. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

hope it goes OK for you, interesting concept though the like for like hire of another MH

I guessing from your own words that yours is a PVC? that is going to cost someone a fortune if you justify permanent hire to give the option you currently have of just going off if you want to :)

4. mariner

mariner Funster Life Member

I know how you feel, some tow rag backed into my Merc. C class, on the Golf Club car park. They have dented the tail gate and upset the electric open and close system.
    I do know the tow rag drives something green!
    I can feel a big bill coming on

• Like Like x 1
  5. MannClan

MannClan Funster

mariner - no cctv at the club ?

• Like Like x 1
  6. PP Bear

PP Bear Funster Life Member

Sorry to hear the bad news. Hope it's quicker than my friends repairs as it took weeks and weeks to sort out the rear doors. Just keep on top of the repairers and don't let them add any filler. Ask for replacement parts as they'll only crack if not.

Good luck and glad you're not hurt in any way.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Glad your ok. Sorry about the bump. Let us all know how you go on !

• Like Like x 1
  8. mariner

There are security cameras but they are dummies, as it is in an urban area and the residents complained.
    Would have been handy!

9. Anthea M

Anthea M Funster

I didn't really want to like your post because I bet you are well peed off! Hope it gets sorted ASAP and you don't miss any planned trips .
    Oh and glad you are all ok.(y)
    Let us know what they allow you to drive! Could be interesting!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. campa cola

campa cola Funster

Which are the dummies, the residents or the cameras ? To bad there is not a paint DNA database :(

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. ronidog1

ronidog1 Funster

thanks for all your support. The insurers are Safegaurd so I will let you know how the process pans out. So far there are two companies involved that are subcontracted by them. Replacement back doors could be expensive.

The motorhome is a panel van conversion a month short of 1 year old. They don't make this one amymore and there are not many 5.4m 4 seat belted versions around!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Anthea M

Anthea M Funster

Even though your van is only 5ft 9 ins it's well big enough to see ! What was the driver doing to run into you texting per chance?!

13. ronidog1

ronidog1 Funster

funny the lady said that she should have seen me as I was the biggest thing on the road at the time..

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. mariner

Both!!

15. mariner

Sometimes you have to weigh up the extra on your premiums at renewal for the next few years, against the cost of fixing it yourself or even getting the the other party to shell out.
    If I can avoid involving the insurance company I will!

16. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

Tow bars that have never towed anything have their uses for this kind on of episode. Rear steps also do the same.
    I had someone do the same to my car at lights they bent the swan neck towball but nothing else, except my neck hurt for a month, something to do with no shock absorption in the hefty bar brackets .

17. Autowbars

Autowbars Funster

I would lay odds she was on, texting on the phone.
    I drive around locally all working day, can't believe how many I see.
    At the shop sometimes stand outside for fresh air, zebra crossing right ther. You would not believe how many near misses and small rear Enders, and I see the perpetrator ON THE PHONE

18. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

No it was not a HER, it was a Romanian bloke on his way to work. I was OK about it as there was NO damage at all to his car not even the number plate, I do not where the almighty BANG came from I thought the back was coming to the rear of my seat, It sounded horrendous. I know that head rests on Fiestas are too far back though, to be effective.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. ronidog1

ronidog1 Funster

Well day 6 since the bump (see I am mellowing) and update as some of you wanted to know how Safeguard perform.

Sunday reported the accident to a call centre run by Carpenters on behalf of Safeguard. left all the relevant information

Monday contacted by CCL who operate as the no fault accident management company for Safeguard. They arrange for accident repars and hire vehicle. Unfortunately they did not know it was a motorhome so they dropped the discussion about a hire vehicle when I mentioned it.! perhaps it was the fact that I use the van for business as well as leisure that confuses them. Axa the other drivers insurer left a message on my answer machine. Did not return call under instructions of CCL Emptied the van.

Tuesday contacted by Autocraft who act as the local damage estimate and repair service on behalf of CCL. Had to go and see them to see if the van would fit in the workshop as they had not been told it was a motorhome. They are run off their feet. Damaged vehicles everywhere must be the parking in their compound! They said that new doors, bumper and parking sensors are required I have to ring next week to find out when they will be able to start work.

Friday nothing has happened so I will put the gear back in the van. Both Carpenters and CCL assured me earlier in the week that they would be in touch to make sure I am happy with the progress. I have no word on the progress of the insurance claim. A phone call direct from Safeguard at this point would be reassuring. No chance I suppose as everything seems to be subcontracted out.

Oh well at least I can go away when I want and get the van repaired when it is convenient. This is my only vehicle and we are spontaneous about nights away, nobody in this chain so far recognises these points

I will post when I have a further update.:)

Ronidog

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. ronidog1

ronidog1 Funster

Friday pm Carpenters and left a voicemail. So I rang and went through about 10 options and ended up speaking to CCL! Apparently they wanted to speak to me any way as they could not get hold of Autocraft to confirm when the repairs would take place. I have to let them know when Autocraft have repair date. These chains are ridiculous . Nobody talks to their subcontractor and each company has their own reference number.
    They are now insisting that they can get me a like for like motorhome for my hols if needed.

Next instalment as and when something happens

Ronidog