Grrrr flat battery this morning (1 Viewer)

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
went to take the MH back to its home in the storage yard only to be presented with a flat battery, guess it got a bit cold last night.

Nothing left on to drain it, same happened to my car last year, first bit of cold weather killed the battery.

Looking at it, it seems a bit low spec to be used to crank a 2.5 diesel, cold crank rating of 730, from what I've read large diesels are better with 900.

OP
OP
J

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
There's no date on the battery and I've only had the van 3 months but going through the history there's a receipt for the brand and spec of battery fitted dated Nov 2008 so def time for a change

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Somebody has had their moneys worth for sure.

Martin

Tongue in cheek Martin?

I have just changed mine 07 build 09 registered, didn't think that was a good life for a cab battery, but guaranteed starting was worth paying for :)

Mine seems a lot better now, holding 12.7 V after over nighting where it would have been down to 12.4 V before changing (y)

not risked the plug in inverter yet though :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I have just changed mine 07 build 09 registered
Sitting around for 18 - 24 months before someone started to use it won't have helped. I wonder how often it was allowed to go completely flat in that time?

Anyone in the trade know what they do about batteries in new vehicles once they come off the production line? Some sit in fields for months & we all know how quickly engine batteries seem to go flat if all you do is turn the engine off & leave it. I assume they leave alarms & the like switched off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back