Grill in Chausson Flash (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We are hopefully picking up our new flash in May. It comes with a grill only, could the grill work with the door closed? Effectivly making it a little oven to warm things up. I know it would cook proper things.

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We have a Flash 08. The grill has a heat shield which pulls out to protect the ceiling and a fan behind to dissipate the heat. I get the impression that heat build-up is to be avoided.
When we bought the van the previous owners had replaced the grill with a microwave. We changed it back as we don't spend too much time on hookup but this may be an alternative.

OP
OP
Spidey
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
That makes sense. I thought i would ask because our grill at home works with the door shut. Prefer grill to Microwave, but would have loved it to be a combo oven/grill :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Our chausson top has an oven/grill.. Works well except I cannot use the grill without setting off the smoke alarm :Sad:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Most Funsters with grills seem to have a Remoska when on hook up & a Double Skillet for gas when not. We have a Tefal Roast & Bake (electric) which performs well & which was half the cost of a Remoska plus a good quality thick 3 ply pan with lid for the hob. If you are on hook up a lot & want to save on gas then Lidl/Aldi sometimes sell an individual electric induction hob which can be used on low wattage, works very well & normally costs around £30.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back