Grill in Chausson Flash

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Spidey, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Spidey

Spidey Funster

We are hopefully picking up our new flash in May. It comes with a grill only, could the grill work with the door closed? Effectivly making it a little oven to warm things up. I know it would cook proper things.

2. brynric

brynric Funster

We have a Flash 08. The grill has a heat shield which pulls out to protect the ceiling and a fan behind to dissipate the heat. I get the impression that heat build-up is to be avoided.
    When we bought the van the previous owners had replaced the grill with a microwave. We changed it back as we don't spend too much time on hookup but this may be an alternative.

3. Spidey

Spidey Funster

That makes sense. I thought i would ask because our grill at home works with the door shut. Prefer grill to Microwave, but would have loved it to be a combo oven/grill :Sad:

4. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

Our chausson top has an oven/grill.. Works well except I cannot use the grill without setting off the smoke alarm :Sad:

5. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Most Funsters with grills seem to have a Remoska when on hook up & a Double Skillet for gas when not. We have a Tefal Roast & Bake (electric) which performs well & which was half the cost of a Remoska plus a good quality thick 3 ply pan with lid for the hob. If you are on hook up a lot & want to save on gas then Lidl/Aldi sometimes sell an individual electric induction hob which can be used on low wattage, works very well & normally costs around £30.