calculad

Banned
Nov 14, 2009
Soft South
Funster No
MH
Van Con
Exp
I thought that buying the correct pipe to fit my external grey water tap would be a doddle.
However, I measured the tap to be as near as dammit 1" (25.4mm) in diameter.

Firstly the two sizes available seem to be 23.5 or 28.5 and they don't say if that is ID or OD.
I'm assuming that it is just a push fit.

Please put this poor idiot out of his misery and advise what size to buy. Having to buy online so can't try out.

Until last week we had never stayed on a site that had grey water waste disposal on the pitch and a bit of pipe would have been handy.
Finally a trickier one. What's the optimum length?
Regards,
Kev

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I thought that buying the correct pipe to fit my external grey water tap would be a doddle.

Firstly the two sizes available seem to be 23.5 or 28.5 and they don't say if that is ID or OD.

Please put this poor idiot out of his misery and advise what size to buy. Having to buy online so can't try out.

Until last week we had never stayed on a site that had grey water waste disposal on the pitch and a bit of pipe would have been handy.
Finally a trickier one. What's the optimum length?
Regards,
Kev
Hi Kev,

Not sure but if you ring my lot, I am sure they will know and if we have some, you can buy over the phone

Peter

Upvote 0

petev

Free Member
Aug 22, 2009
Nr Swansea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Less than 1 year
Hi Kev,

I'm not sure if this is right but I was told when I collected my van from the dealers to look after the flexible grey waste pipe like it is gold as they are extremely difficult to get hold of.

I hope they were wrong

Regards

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Just had a butchers on our website, seems we have 18mm, 23.5mm and 28.5mm but as you say it does not state whether its is inside or outside.

I would imagine it is inside diameter as a half inch hose fits a half inch tap!

http://www.johnscrossshop.co.uk/cat...ts-Carriers-Fittings/Fresh-&-Waste-Water-Hose

Peter

Those dimensions do not comply with any specification that I am aware of. Unless theres one hiding under the table.

Can you send the guy a 25mm off cut of each size so that he can try them and then when he knows what size to buy charge for the extra 75mm. Bit of a liberty I know.:Blush:

Jim
:Smile:

Upvote 0

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+

Kev

You want the 28.5mm stuff................BUT, make sure you ask for the black rubber grommet that plugs onto the end of the pipe. It is this that makes the pipe fit properly and seals it to the outlet.:Smile:

Upvote 0

crag

Free Member
Jan 17, 2008
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 Years
My waste pipe was 1" (25.4mm) dia. and like the OP I had trouble getting the right size online.
I got some from Jacksons of Arley as it's not that far away but they do mail order. Give them a call.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
calculad

calculad

Banned
Nov 14, 2009
Soft South
Funster No
MH
Van Con
Exp
My waste pipe was 1" (25.4mm) dia. and like the OP I had trouble getting the right size online.
I got some from Jacksons of Arley as it's not that far away but they do mail order. Give them a call.
Thanks Crag,
Just checked. As you say, nothing 1" online.
Will try phone tomorrow.
Regards,
K

Upvote 1

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
You want the 28.5mm stuff................BUT, make sure you ask for the black rubber grommet that plugs onto the end of the pipe. It is this that makes the pipe fit properly and seals it to the outlet.:Smile:

Are these the things you mean?Link Removed

Peter

Upvote 0

gogocrosby

Free Member
Apr 2, 2009
Morpeth, Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
12 years
A good source of flexible and rigid pipe in a variety of diameters are aquarist ( outdoor aquarium) centres. I've bought pipe and gate valves for two of my vans from them.

Upvote 0

Damo7

Free Member
Oct 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
When my taps run the water just comes straight out of the pipe underneath any ideas???

Upvote 0
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
When my taps run the water just comes straight out of the pipe underneath any ideas???
Loose connection somewhere or the boiler anti frost valve has opened, to prevent damage to your boiler in temps below -4, it will need resetting wherever it is situated.
Norman.

Upvote 0

Damo7

Free Member
Oct 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Loose connection somewhere or the boiler anti frost valve has opened, to prevent damage to your boiler in temps below -4, it will need resetting wherever it is situated.
Norman.
Thanks....

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
A good source of flexible and rigid pipe in a variety of diameters are aquarist ( outdoor aquarium) centres. I've bought pipe and gate valves for two of my vans from them.
I used them to get some flexible pipe to contact the fresh water tank to the outside filler. Very helpful and cheap. Also not a concern for you but it's all food grade as fish are very sensitive to any chemicals.
Also a lot easier to get to for me at the time. The hose I wanted came in 2sizes that visually looked the same but only one fitted

Upvote 0

Daniel-J

Free Member
Feb 19, 2020
Adelaide
Funster No
MH
COLEMAN LIGHT LX 285
Exp
I've been driving since 2019.
Try your dealer, maybe he will tell you where it is more convenient to buy it. If this option has been tried, then contact someone who works with plumbing.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back