Grey water waste pipe fitting (1 Viewer)

KittyTabbert

Free Member
Oct 3, 2016
Spain
Funster No
MH
Tabbert FFB MQ705 A Class
Exp
My grey water tank has a 75mm threaded fitting to attach a waste pipe to but no pipe. There must have been a fitting originally but must have been lost by a previous owner. I can only drain the tank above a grate (pull the handle and it dumps it) and not transport a container to a disposal point. Can anyone offer any advice/ideas? Grateful for any help, not sure if any other old German vans have this type of tank release?

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Some people use caravan style waste carriers or buckets.
We always dump over grates or drains except in very cold winter when we use a bucket

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
My grey water tank has a 75mm threaded fitting to attach a waste pipe to but no pipe. There must have been a fitting originally but must have been lost by a previous owner. I can only drain the tank above a grate (pull the handle and it dumps it) and not transport a container to a disposal point. Can anyone offer any advice/ideas? Grateful for any help, not sure if any other old German vans have this type of tank release?
Our 1992 Hymer Camp 64 has a pipe that threads into the tank fitting, goes to the back, where a gate valve is attached. I have added a short pipe to the other side of the valve, allowing me to add a piece of flexi pipe for use into the grid, or whatever.
On the Hymers, everything is stored inside the rear bumper, access by spring end caps. Are you sure your 'missing bits' aren't stored somewhere similar? I have come across a few early German vans where the owners didnt know about this storage arrangement. It's not often that owners sell on and remove the grey water pipes.

camp64.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
KittyTabbert

KittyTabbert

Free Member
Oct 3, 2016
Spain
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm just aware that not all sites have grates and with such a wide bore, trying to get it into a container will be tricky. Think I may have found a website (seen in another thread) that supplies all the accessories and wide hose so should be ok

OP
OP
KittyTabbert

KittyTabbert

Free Member
Oct 3, 2016
Spain
Funster No
MH
Exp
Our 1992 Hymer Camp 64 has a pipe that threads into the tank fitting, goes to the back, where a gate valve is attached. I have added a short pipe to the other side of the valve, allowing me to add a piece of flexi pipe for use into the grid, or whatever.
On the Hymers, everything is stored inside the rear bumper, access by spring end caps. Are you sure your 'missing bits' aren't stored somewhere similar? I have come across a few early German vans where the owners didnt know about this storage arrangement. It's not often that owners sell on and remove the grey water pipes.

Just looked at the bumper but no, unfortunately no storage in there

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I think I see something controversial here,,. Why bother just dump it on the site, pipes are only good for putting under the next caravan on the site to blame them for it.

CAK tanks seem to have a huge range of all these kind of things. Look on line and have browse there.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
The van we hired in NZ had a pipe around 75mm. You attached it to the grey waste outlet with the same type of fitting used on tankers. It has two handles that are pulled back the fitting is pushed into place and the handles push forward to clamp into place.

You didn't have to screw anything on and was easy to use, when ever we dumped the grey I used the pipe and that looked like a vacuum hose.

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
Take a picture and measurements to your local pond supply shop/centre. That's what I did and they had the fitments I needed and sold flexible pipe by the foot. I made up both a medium and long pipe.

Some pitches have a drain and it makes life easy to just screw on the waste hose and stick the end of the hose over the pitch drain. Sometimes sites want the grey waste dumped on the hedge instead of down a drain and again a pipe makes this easier.

Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
KittyTabbert

KittyTabbert

Free Member
Oct 3, 2016
Spain
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks Allan, I've found a supplier of the required part and joining hose, very reasonable too!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back