Grey water waste outlet not closing! (1 Viewer)

Jackie.Kearley

Free Member
Dec 8, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
We are having difficulty shutting our grey water waste outlet hence it keeps draining! We've read the manual and have tried turning the knob in the direction it suggests but it's not closing! We've managed to drain off and close it several times successfully already but can't understand why it won't close perhaps we've knocked something out by accident? The motorhome is a Cathargo C Tourer...does anyone have any ideas what we might be dojng wrong? Thanks, Jackie

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Can you show us a picture of the outlet valve, there are a few types that are fitted to motorhomes.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jackie.Kearley

Jackie.Kearley

Free Member
Dec 8, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks, I'll get a photo out later...it's a Carthargo C Tourer...it's been suggested that perhaps the seal near the valve is clogged up?

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
the valve probably needs cleaned ... it will be gummed up with sludge ..

remove valve and clean, and also flush the waste tank to get rid of any sludge..

when you post a photo can give better advice..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jackie.Kearley

Jackie.Kearley

Free Member
Dec 8, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi sorry for not coming back on this...we've not been on wifi for a while. We resolved it in the end
it wasn't the valve this time. It was something to do with the white plastic surround so we pushed the lever down and it reconnected to whatever it had disconnected from......we had to unscrew the white plastic surround and lost a screw in the waste tank in the process so got another screw from the toolbox and managed to lose that too...lesson learnt that we need a magnetic screwdriver! So we are one screw short (so to speak!) but it's all working fine and back to normal:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Jackie, been reading this because I too have problems with the grey waste tap ..... mine keeps saying on the screen that it is full but yet nothing comes out when i open it. Also, if I turn the taps on and no plug in the sink .... no water comes out. . so where is it going... Then all of a sudden I can be sitting outside the mh and water decides to pour out of it... .. I cannot see any blockage; I even wondered if a mouse had built a nest in there somewhere ... but no. I really am confused... and it doesn't take much. I can't find the whit plastic thing you speak of.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Jackie.Kearley

Jackie.Kearley

Free Member
Dec 8, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
oh dear sounds like a real pain. I'm no expert but some people thought that it might be the valve that was causing the problem not sure if that could be the case with your motorhome? I'll try to get a photo of ours so you can see what I mean.

Upvote 0

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Sounds as if the tank is not being cleaned often enough and there is an accumulation of solidified food waste, fat, hair eat blocking things. A few bottles of cheap CokaCola left to swill around on the drive home should sort it out!

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Yes we use cheap Cola as well, 20p a bottle is only good for swilling a grey waste tank out. :LOL:

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Jackie, been reading this because I too have problems with the grey waste tap ..... mine keeps saying on the screen that it is full but yet nothing comes out when i open it. Also, if I turn the taps on and no plug in the sink .... no water comes out. . so where is it going... Then all of a sudden I can be sitting outside the mh and water decides to pour out of it... .. I cannot see any blockage; I even wondered if a mouse had built a nest in there somewhere ... but no. I really am confused... and it doesn't take much. I can't find the whit plastic thing you speak of.
Move than likely the sensor probes are covered in crud Joy.

Once the sensors are covered in wet crap they think its water and show on screen as a full, or often a partially full tank.

My RV black tank showed full when empty and grey showed empty when full (faulty sensor on grey tank)

Only solution is to get in there somehow and wipe them clean....only to see them clog up again later....or ignore it and empty offten.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back