Grey Water Tap Open While Driving Cure ? (2 Viewers)

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Just a quick question for everyone. I have a British assembled autotrail tribute T725 and the taps are both on the offside. I just wondered about other makes and position.

On my Italian made McLouis, the drain was directly off the tank, right in the very middle of the underside of the van - fine for drive-over waste points but useless for anything else! So I took the outlet to the nearside using radiator hose and fittings - it now drops down through a reducer right at the outside edge of the van, so easy to get a camping waste carrier under, and as it flexes it makes it easy to get the spout into the carrier and it doesn't matter if I catch it on anything whilst driving. Downside is that if the van is on a side slope to the offside, the tank doesn't always drain fully now - an adaptation to put more fall on the pipe may be coming up. The handle next to the outlet opens the tank valve.

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Vouty

Free Member
Oct 9, 2012
West midlands
Funster No
MH
hymer s630
Exp
New
Very good but what you now need is a dash mounted screen and reversing camera trained on the outlet so that you can see when it is over the grate and watch the grey water pouring out in glorious smellovision :)

OP
OP
Andi968

Andi968

Free Member
Dec 2, 2013
Fenay Bridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TributeT725
Exp
5 year
Very good but what you now need is a dash mounted screen and reversing camera trained on the outlet so that you can see when it is over the grate and watch the grey water pouring out in glorious smellovision :)
Already thought of that one lol, I thought about my under spoiler traffic cam which transmits to both my GPS radio/cd and LCD rear view mirror and placing it on a hobby servo so I can pan and tilt the it :)
Seriously though it's not that hard to line up a 24' unit with a drain it's just like when going to the service station and line up with the pump.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Andi968

Andi968

Free Member
Dec 2, 2013
Fenay Bridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TributeT725
Exp
5 year
On my Italian made McLouis, the drain was directly off the tank, right in the very middle of the underside of the van - fine for drive-over waste points but useless for anything else! So I took the outlet to the nearside using radiator hose and fittings - it now drops down through a reducer right at the outside edge of the van, so easy to get a camping waste carrier under, and as it flexes it makes it easy to get the spout into the carrier and it doesn't matter if I catch it on anything whilst driving. Downside is that if the van is on a side slope to the offside, the tank doesn't always drain fully now - an adaptation to put more fall on the pipe may be coming up. The handle next to the outlet opens the tank valve.

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed
Nice neat job, I would have thought the Italians wouldn't bother with a tank and just let it drain out underneath :)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
What about the people that leave their grey pipe open on purpose? They might not want a cure (y)

:reel: :imoutahere:

OP
OP
Andi968

Andi968

Free Member
Dec 2, 2013
Fenay Bridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TributeT725
Exp
5 year
I love this forum for its banter and how helpful some people are with ideas to improve and even supply links to facilitate the improvement. It's just like been on a campsite chatting with other motor homers exchanging friendly banter and as always there's the odd flat earth society member pops up along with the guy who spends all day opening and closing the fridge door to see if the light goes off when the door is closed:ROFLMAO:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
"Helpful people"... Eureka !!!. Take this idea of the electronic switch,but.......... Pipe the grey waste pipe into the exhaust,have the switch to open when the exhaust is hot....... BINGO....Steam!
In case any of you heating/steam engineers think this is BOUND not to work,i am in talks with a mate,who deals in,"Special Scrap". he says that an RAF Lightning Re heat unit may realy make this idea catch.............. FIRE LOL.
Tea Bag.
PS. i have NOT!! started on the Conde Noble yet....honest.....hic ooops

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
As I said.. I just see it as another thing to go wrong.. and don't see any real benefit.. but if it's what you want.. (y)
Unless its an "OLDER VAN " of course, then it should be fine.:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back