Grey water tank (1 Viewer)

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I have just returned from a trip, I emptied the grey water tank before leaving the site, now I will not be using it for a few weeks, is it better to put some clean water in with 'tank fresh' or leave it dry. We are always careful not to put foreign bodies in it and keep it as clean as possible, I think vegetable water and other similar fluids can make it stink :thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The grey water can stink worse than any other motorhome waste!! I find that if I leave the tank empty with the drain tap open it seems to stay sweet smelling enough. Don't for get to close it when you get where your going. Many a time on a site on a hardstanding I've realised the waste is open mid shower:Blush:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have just returned from a trip, I emptied the grey water tank before leaving the site, now I will not be using it for a few weeks, is it better to put some clean water in with 'tank fresh' or leave it dry. We are always careful not to put foreign bodies in it and keep it as clean as possible, I think vegetable water and other similar fluids can make it stink :thumb:

Glad you have checked for illegal immigrants stowing away in your tank:thumb:::bigsmile::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Haven't checked the massive top box yet, sure I heard some knocking last night :Eeek:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
To make sure the pipes are clean (and to stop niffs) we use Link Removed as part of the cleaning of the van after we get home from each trip. It can be a bit pricey in some shops but both Aldi & Lidl have it as a Special from time to time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back