Grey water tank

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Swift, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Swift

Swift

I have just returned from a trip, I emptied the grey water tank before leaving the site, now I will not be using it for a few weeks, is it better to put some clean water in with 'tank fresh' or leave it dry. We are always careful not to put foreign bodies in it and keep it as clean as possible, I think vegetable water and other similar fluids can make it stink :thumb:

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

The grey water can stink worse than any other motorhome waste!! I find that if I leave the tank empty with the drain tap open it seems to stay sweet smelling enough. Don't for get to close it when you get where your going. Many a time on a site on a hardstanding I've realised the waste is open mid shower:Blush:

3. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Glad you have checked for illegal immigrants stowing away in your tank:thumb::BigGrin::Rofl1:

4. Swift

Swift

Haven't checked the massive top box yet, sure I heard some knocking last night :Eeek:

5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

To make sure the pipes are clean (and to stop niffs) we use Buster Sink Fresh as part of the cleaning of the van after we get home from each trip. It can be a bit pricey in some shops but both Aldi & Lidl have it as a Special from time to time.