Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Getting van ready for 1st trip away and whilst checking stuff tried the waste master container that came with it.However it won't go under waste Pipe!
Now I assume if up on levelling blocks it would,but if your not on a campsite for long periods of time what's the acceptable procedure.Also when at campsites do they have grates you just drive over and empty?
Ps. My spout hangs to within 20 cm of ground does that mean I've got a long one or are they all like that:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
sites with motorhome service points generally have grates you drive over and empty.
however there are some which don't.
if you could shorten your pipe then do so as it will make it easier in the long run to get the wastemaster thingy under, alternatively find a length of flexible hose that will be a tight push fit on the pipe and use that to put into your wastemaster thing.

the length of time between emptying will depend on how big the waste tank is.

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Its only washing up water.......Recycle it and water plants and trees. Drain daily and no smell.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Getting van ready for 1st trip away and whilst checking stuff tried the waste master container that came with it.However it won't go under waste Pipe!
Now I assume if up on levelling blocks it would,but if your not on a campsite for long periods of time what's the acceptable procedure.Also when at campsites do they have grates you just drive over and empty?
Ps. [HI]My spout hangs to within 20 cm of ground does that mean I've got a long one[/HI] or are they all like that:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Are you really serious:Eeek:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Use a grass filter and drain straight to the ground.
Whats a grass filter? Tis simple take a plastic carrier bag and fill with grass. make a drain hole in the bottom of the bag, place under your grey water spout and leave the tap open, water will drain away as you use it any bits get caught in the grass. When you move on tie up the carrier bag and drop it in the bin. Job done.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
A grass filter will catch bits but may not catch grease &c. We were at a THS at a sports club recently where grey waste was not to be dumped onti the field even through a filter. Fully understandable.

Only dump grey waste where you know - in advance - that it is acceptable.

We have a hose like aba mentions which pushes on to the outlet pipe to enable filling of a container that is too tall to go underneath.

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
You should,nt dom it on ANY site anyway, the next inhabitant of your pitch could be a tent.

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
You lot must think I'm stupid!
Firstly everyone knows washing up liquid and shower gel contains chemicals and would kill plants!!!!!
Secondly do you know how much a bag of grass costs round here and you want me to soak it in dirty water!!!!!
GET REAL
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I don't stay on many UK sites but in my experience a good proportion don't have a proper motorhome grey dump. They usually have some sort of grey dump point quite near though so I just use a bucket. The grass filter is fine at rallies at shows where grey dumps just don't seem to have been thought of.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I don't stay on many UK sites but in my experience a good proportion don't have a proper motorhome grey dump. They usually have some sort of grey dump point quite near though so I just use a bucket. [HI]The grass filter is fine at rallies at shows where grey dumps just don't seem to have been thought of.[/HI]

You can always use the black dump point if hedgerow dumping isn't allowed.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Use a grass filter and drain straight to the ground.
Whats a grass filter? Tis simple take a plastic carrier bag and fill with grass. make a drain hole in the bottom of the bag, place under your grey water spout and leave the tap open, water will drain away as you use it any bits get caught in the grass. When you move on tie up the carrier bag and drop it in the bin. Job done.

... but isn't it a bit OTT to have to take a lawn mower with you to cut the grass???? :Eeek::ROFLMAO:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i hope graham isnt making racist remarks ,hee hee
ou can always use the black dump point if hedgerow dumping isn't allowed.
Today 21:12.:Doh::Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back