Grey waste tank on '98 Hymer B644

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by mustaphapint, Apr 7, 2016.

1. mustaphapint

mustaphapint Funster

Hi.
    It seems to be one step forward and two back at the moment. As soon as I get one job finished another appears.
    Could anyone tell me please what's involved in removing the grey waste tank. I've got a leak from underneath the shower tray fittings and the waste from the sink. Both fittings look as though they've been bodged in the past and I need to get underneath the shower tray to see what's going on and either reseal or replace the bathroom drain fittings. Can I just undo the tank straps and drop the tank or is that likely to damage any connections on the top of it?

2. kaasbroodje

kaasbroodje Funster

I'm not entirely familiar with your layout... I fixed the leaking sink with a new waste trap and pipework, bought from Brownhill's Ebay store. Seem to remember the cassette locker giving good access ?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. mustaphapint

mustaphapint Funster

Thank you Kaas. I've already replaced the sink waste trap, it was the exit through the floor I was struggling with. You are right I can access the lower part of the fitting through the cassette compartment as you suggested and I've found the elbow is split. That should fix my main problem when I get a new elbow. I can't see any way of replacing the shower drains without dropping the tank, but that can wait for a while. We'll just have to use the showers on campsites.