Grey waste emptying

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by Jack Slipper, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Jack Slipper

Jack Slipper Funster

Hi, can anyone advise me of the best way to extend my waste pipe so we can connect to an on pitch drain please? Just got a Chausson 718 with the drain behind the offside rear wheel. Want something simple to push on rather than have to use clips ect. Thanks

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

When we bought our Burstner it came with a Waste Water Pipe Extension (original part which pushes on to the waste pipe) plus a length of ordinary 40mm plastic plumbing pipe which the previous owner had left in the van and which pushes into the other end of the flexible pipe.
    For use at home I bought a length of pond hose (cheaper than motorhome hose) to which I attached a 40mm elbow at one end (so that I could push it on to the waste outlet) and a small piece of 38mm (I think) pipe so that I can attach a length of rigid pipe to reach the drain.
    Lengths of rigid plumbing pipe can, of course, be extended as far as you like with standard connectors.

3. Tweedie

Tweedie Funster

We just bought a 2 metre length of caravan waste pipe. (grey ribbed type) No connectors needed as we got the correct diameter to just push over the end of the waste outlet, quick, cheap & simple and does the job.

4. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

We use a length of ribbed (convoluted) pipe left over from the fish pool, 28/32mm, can't remember. This may suit but there's plenty on ebay.

5. Manic

Manic Funster

I bought a Vacuum extension pipe of eBay, extends from 1.5 metres to 9 metres.

• Like Like x 3
  6. peter

peter Funster

As above, works a treat.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zigisla

Zigisla Funster

5 Mtr Vacuum cleaner hose - off of amazon, and a 90 deg plumbers joint for ease.