Greetings!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by RAging8ull, Aug 11, 2012.

1. RAging8ull

RAging8ull Read Only Funster

Hi all, Paul & Hannah here, aged around 40, bought a ford transit x reg, decided to try and make it into some sort of camper, just about managed to achieve this but it is very much in what people would call the basic range.
    Hoping to find out information, meet new people and be accepted into this community, with open arms.
    Anyway hope that gives you a little insight into our requirements, plus we are from Gloucester so if anyone needs any information about anything locally drop us a message and we will try our best to help you out!:Cool:
    Also wondered how DIY campers and transit vans are perceived by the Campervan community, Will we be looked down upon or are our worries unfounded?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  2. rangitira

rangitira Funster

You might find a problem on some sites, "No Commercials" But if it looks like a M/H, windows et al then I can't see you having any probs with site owners.

Can't see you having probs with other owners:thumb: We are a down to earth lot, might even get a few ideas or tips, plenty of advice on here, freely given too:thumb:

:thumb::welcomefunster:

3. kensteve

kensteve

Hello and:welcomefunster: many members have a vast amount of info that will help you no end. All you need to do it ask and give as much detail as possible.

best wishes

Ken from Stroud :BigGrin:

4. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Some sites, including the Caravan Club can be a bit snotty about homebuilds if they look a bit commercial.
    I must say if I was doing a home build now, I would try to make it look as little like a motorhome as possible, then you can stop anywhere.