Free Member
Mar 9, 2016
Walvis Bay
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
First time
Just found this place, looks very useful.
We're renting for the first time from ADAC in Frankfurt, doing a tour of Italy and France mostly.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: Bushtracks, welcome to the fun (y)

If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out Broken Link Removed

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi Bushtracks and welcome, it is many years since I was in Walvis Bay bet it has changed a bit. We have another member from Essex who spends part of his time in Cape Town and around. He comes under the name of "geriatric wanderer" I think he must be pretty old ;) but what he does with his time still puts many to shame. Again Welcome.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bushtracks

Bushtracks

Free Member
Mar 9, 2016
Walvis Bay
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
First time
Hi Bushtracks and welcome, it is many years since I was in Walvis Bay bet it has changed a bit. We have another member from Essex who spends part of his time in Cape Town and around. He comes under the name of "geriatric wanderer" I think he must be pretty old ;) but what he does with his time still puts many to shame. Again Welcome.(y)

Walvis Bay is indeed changing rapidly, seems like it doubles in size every few years or so. Dunno where the water will come from.
I'm driving down to Cape Town on Saturday, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the geriatric one!:giggle:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Walvis Bay is indeed changing rapidly, seems like it doubles in size every few years or so. Dunno where the water will come from.
I'm driving down to Cape Town on Saturday, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the geriatric one!:giggle:
That is a decent drive Bushtracks. Putting it into perspective that is about the same distance as it would be from Scotland to the bottom tip of Spain. What are the roads like between the two towns.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

OP
OP
Bushtracks

Bushtracks

Free Member
Mar 9, 2016
Walvis Bay
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
First time
That is a decent drive Bushtracks. Putting it into perspective that is about the same distance as it would be from Scotland to the bottom tip of Spain. What are the roads like between the two towns.

Roads generally good, you can choose gravel or tar. They are doing some major road improvements on the N7 between Vredendal and Citrusdal which causes some fairly irritating delays, but will be worth it once it's finished.
I'm taking our new camping car :D to http://www.alu-cab.co.za/ for a custom canopy, flying back to Walvis then we're going to Frankfurt next month to pick up our rental motorhome for a trip around France and Italy. First time in a MH, we'll see how we go (y).

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Roads generally good, you can choose gravel or tar. They are doing some major road improvements on the N7 between Vredendal and Citrusdal which causes some fairly irritating delays, but will be worth it once it's finished.
I'm taking our new camping car :D to http://www.alu-cab.co.za/ for a custom canopy, flying back to Walvis then we're going to Frankfurt next month to pick up our rental motorhome for a trip around France and Italy. First time in a MH, we'll see how we go (y).
Looks like a decent bit of kit, I'll have a read about the alu-cab later. Is there any border crossing requirement between Narmibia and SA or like the EU is before our referendum vote later this year.;)
Will look forward to your first motorhome stories in Europe I'm sure this site will help you through if needed.:)

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome, enjoy your trip round France and Italy, we are heading that way in May.

And pictures of your new canopy will be nice when it's finished. I can see why you need that sort of vehicle down there, a bit more useful than the typical tupperware box most folk drive in Europe. :)

OP
OP
Bushtracks

Bushtracks

Free Member
Mar 9, 2016
Walvis Bay
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
First time
Looks like a decent bit of kit, I'll have a read about the alu-cab later. Is there any border crossing requirement between Narmibia and SA or like the EU is before our referendum vote later this year.;)
Will look forward to your first motorhome stories in Europe I'm sure this site will help you through if needed.:)
If you come from the UK, you need to get a visitors visa which is issued upon entry for a max of 90 days per year. Separate visa required for both SA and Namibia.

OP
OP
Bushtracks

Bushtracks

Free Member
Mar 9, 2016
Walvis Bay
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp