LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Well I've been working my way through the forum sections before I start asking questions that have been asked many times before and the stuff I've been reading is a bit worrying! I've been on many forums before so I realise that it's generally the minority unhappy ones that make a fuss and the majority of happy ones generally have less to say ... but still ...

Looking back at my first post and what I'm hoping to do, I'm beginning to wonder. After reading the posts I now realise that I'll have to park several miles from civilisation, while I'm away my van will be broken into but not to worry because they'll be back that night to gas us, pry off our windows and send their trained monkeys in to open the door so that we can't claim on our insurance. The ideal motor home seems to be a non British (because they're made of rice paper) day van, so that you can limbo under the car park barriers and sneak onto the Travelodge car park to book a room for the night. Still, there's always the rallys - the main selling point being that you can opt out of almost everything.

Strange because when I looked at the websites there seemed to be plenty of sites near town, at least 2 within walking distance of the Eden Project (in the no-go South West) and plenty more with beach-side bars etc. I'm guessing it's not as bad as it sounds! :Eeek:

Muddibootz

Free Member
Jan 4, 2016
North Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
since 1994
Well I've been working my way through the forum sections before I start asking questions that have been asked many times before and the stuff I've been reading is a bit worrying! I've been on many forums before so I realise that it's generally the minority unhappy ones that make a fuss and the majority of happy ones generally have less to say ... but still ...

Looking back at my first post and what I'm hoping to do, I'm beginning to wonder. After reading the posts I now realise that I'll have to park several miles from civilisation, while I'm away my van will be broken into but not to worry because they'll be back that night to gas us, pry off our windows and send their trained monkeys in to open the door so that we can't claim on our insurance. The ideal motor home seems to be a non British (because they're made of rice paper) day van, so that you can limbo under the car park barriers and sneak onto the Travelodge car park to book a room for the night. Still, there's always the rallys - the main selling point being that you can opt out of almost everything.

Strange because when I looked at the websites there seemed to be plenty of sites near town, at least 2 within walking distance of the Eden Project (in the no-go South West) and plenty more with beach-side bars etc. I'm guessing it's not as bad as it sounds! :Eeek:

That's a perfect summary of the forums :)
Fortunately, not reality in my experience but then perhaps I've been lucky??
The one major thing I've learnt from the forums (and this one in particular) is the huge variety of different ways people like to use their motorhomes and that explains the massive range of different types of van available.
Most people (and that includes me) think that "our" van is the best and the sort of places that "we" like are the best but that doesn't mean that what we like will suit others. Only you can know that, but the forums will give plenty of ideas to help you decide.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mickrik

Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Cannock, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Apache 634
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi There,

Can't add a lot to the discussion except
.......................................................................:welcome4:

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi Vanman and a slightly belated :welcome3:,love your recent post and the synopsis of the forum!
Lifetime biker me,well as soon as I could hold one up,not so easy recently :rolleyes:.
Enjoy your time here and your van!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Vanman

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Hi Vanman and a slightly belated :welcome3:,love your recent post and the synopsis of the forum!
Lifetime biker me,well as soon as I could hold one up,not so easy recently :rolleyes:.
Enjoy your time here and your van!!

Thank you! (y) Can't claim to be a life-long biker as I had a 30 year break ;) Enjoying being back and my lovely Sprint ST :h:

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Thank you! (y) Can't claim to be a life-long biker as I had a 30 year break ;) Enjoying being back and my lovely Sprint ST :h:

Well my current ride is a Bonnie America but my partner loves our Rewaco trike,luckily that can't fall over haha.Also have a 750 Guzzi.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back