LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Gets better and better. Cycled (legally ) along the front to Altea today, just what we love, a busy little port,cafes,life. Lovely hot sun too. A place we would return to.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Gets better and better. Cycled (legally ) along the front to Altea today, just what we love, a busy little port,cafes,life. Lovely hot sun too. A place we would return to.

Brian and old Mo....Just a little higher north /east than Altea
Javea is a lovely place and go Scallops restaurant in Javea on the front south side ... just past the fish & chips follow the path along the sea front with the sea on your left hand side(don't fall in )...pass about three other restaurants on the right next to the sea....Now Scallops is at the end..when we called they had two set 3 course meals (Plus other meals) 1 @ 7.95 euros and 1 @ 9.95 euros...big portions beautifully done...large coffee's are 0.50c...and you get a bottle of wine per person in the price if you do not drink the wine while having your meal... they ask you when you leave which you would like RED,ROSE,or White to take away......but also on the table was a small piece of paper saying IF you have one of the two set meals....you get a free English Breakfast the following day (or to be taken in the next 4 days) between 11am and 1.00pm...marvelous..one Fried egg, one Hash Brown, one large-ish sausage, one half of a tomatoe fried and half a tin of baked beans....lovely Mmmmmm all they ask is if you have toast and or coffee, to pay for them as they are not in the price, only if you have them....Good service, Excellent food, beautifully done....
There is also a ICELAND shop if you want english food

Mel

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Info please !

Brian and old Mo....Just a little higher north /east than Altea
Javea is a lovely place and go Scallops restaurant in Javea on the front south side ... just past the fish & chips follow the path along the sea front with the sea on your left hand side(don't fall in )...pass about three other restaurants on the right next to the sea....Now Scallops is at the end..when we called they had two set 3 course meals (Plus other meals) 1 @ 7.95 euros and 1 @ 9.95 euros...big portions beautifully done...large coffee's are 0.50c...and you get a bottle of wine per person in the price if you do not drink the wine while having your meal... they ask you when you leave which you would like RED,ROSE,or White to take away......but also on the table was a small piece of paper saying IF you have one of the two set meals....you get a free English Breakfast the following day (or to be taken in the next 4 days) between 11am and 1.00pm...marvelous..one Fried egg, one Hash Brown, one large-ish sausage, one half of a tomatoe fried and half a tin of baked beans....lovely Mmmmmm all they ask is if you have toast and or coffee, to pay for them as they are not in the price, only if you have them....Good service, Excellent food, beautifully done....
There is also a ICELAND shop if you want english food

Mel

Wild camp or site ??? Looking for somewhere after Marjal before entering La Belle France !:france::party2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

Seen any wenches under 60 yet?::bigsmile:

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
All change

Suddenly the plan changes. 'Er indoors falls over, at 10:00, 22:00 I see here again in a brace to fix broken collarbone and was told she's in 'till Monday.

Not sure where that leaves Marjal, we'll have to see what Monday brings.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
OMG that is awful Brian what a bummer , you wait so long for a holiday to rest n relax and this happens, sending Dinah very special hugz , please tell her we are thinking of her

We are not there for several days yet but if there is anything special that would help that we could bring with us please let us know

John n Kath x

afterthought Brian, not sure how far you are from Marjal, could be a bit better for Dinah to rest at Marjal, at least she would be able to chat with friends , travelling home could be painful for her

IMHO

Last edited:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Suddenly the plan changes. 'Er indoors falls over, at 10:00, 22:00 I see here again in a brace to fix broken collarbone and was told she's in 'till Monday.

Hope she gets well soon. Give her our best

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
OMG that is awful Brian what a bummer , you wait so long for a holiday to rest n relax and this happens, sending Dinah very special hugz , please tell her we are thinking of her

We are not there for several days yet but if there is anything special that would help that we could bring with us please let us know

John n Kath x

afterthought Brian, not sure how far you are from Marjal, could be a bit better for Dinah to rest at Marjal, at least she would be able to chat with friends , travelling home could be painful for her

IMHO
Patient had a good night stoned out ofher mind on a Spanish drip.
Good plan there, provided she can sleep downstairs, she'll not get up the ladder.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Nothing to stop you coming on down Brian...

Call in and pick her up on the way back to the UK.... :thumb:

God I`m getting as bad as you... :Cool::Sad:::bigsmile:

Hope the misses is OK mate.. :thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Patient had a good night stoned out ofher mind on a Spanish drip.
Good plan there, provided she can sleep downstairs, she'll not get up the ladder.

Good to have a report Brian, fingers crossed that she can, but if if not , possibly rent a bungalow ?

Maybe under the circumstances Marjal would let you park up the m/h without a charge for parking??

Just a backup thought ....

Kath

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Good to have a report Brian, fingers crossed that she can, but if if not , possibly rent a bungalow ?

Maybe under the circumstances Marjal would let you park up the m/h without a charge for parking??

Just a backup thought ....

Kath
The way this trip has gone a backup plan is a good idea.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Brian, so sorry to hear about Mrs Hilldweller. Please give her our regards. .

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Commiserations

Sorry to hear your news Brian, and hope Mrs is feeling a bit better.

Best regards

Catherine

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That's awful:Sad:

Hope you find a way to carry on with and enjoy your holiday.

I hope too that Mrs H feels better soon:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Any updates on Mrs H?

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
They have arrived at Marjal !! :thumb: Mrs Hilldweller is well and taking nourishment !!:thumb:

I know you love the smilies Brian !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
They have arrived at Marjal !! :thumb: Mrs Hilldweller is well and taking nourishment !!:thumb:

I know you love the smilies Brian !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thats good news:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Brian and Dinah , all the best to you both and hope your trip is not curtailed. Get well soon Dinah :Smile:
Larry and Win

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks for all good wishes.

10 o'clock Monday doc signs her off, papers will arrive 1 o'clock. I get there 11:30 and sit while 14:30 before they arrive.

So very slow but she did get fixed and the NHS card worked a treat.

She has to go back on 29th for a check X-ray.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Boat: Cap Finistaire probably worst I've ever sailed on. Poor food selection and tiny expensive shop. Small boat,it wobbled a lot.

Oh crap - we are booked on that boat 1st week in July. Given up with Lake Garda.

Can somebody can give us a recommendation of some sites between Bilao and Picos mountains - especially in the picos?

MikeD

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012

Missed that one :Doh: - hope "Er indoors" is getting better and all is ok

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Brian if you want to just pay my costs I will drive down and pick dinah up for you,,, I will come in my van and just need fuel and subsistence allowance... I will leave tomorrow and arrive in about 5 weeks..it will be a 10 week journey back home....total cost will be around 50k.... Shall I fuel up?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Boat: Cap Finistaire probably worst I've ever sailed on. Poor food selection and tiny expensive shop. Small boat,it wobbled a lot.

Oh crap - we are booked on that boat 1st week in July. Given up with Lake Garda.

Can somebody can give us a recommendation of some sites between Bilao and Picos mountains - especially in the picos?

MikeD

It is quite a poor ship.The restaurant isn't bad but not cheap. if you are in one of the more expensive cabins you can pre book for Dinner , otherwise you have to queue about 30 minutes before it opens.

Not a lot to do on board except drink:winky:

Can't help on sites sorry. We stayed at a site in Noja last year but that's out of your way. Heading towards the Med we stopped at the site at Navarette which from memory is about 100 miles from Bilbao. Basic site but it has a bar:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I must say disappointed today, no cute cafes all along the front. We love to sit and drink mega expensive drinks by the sea. Nothing but apartments.
Some only see things through rose tinted glasses, it is good to get the real story for a change. Have you ever considered becoming a travel writer. :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back