greetings from sunny NE scotland (1 Viewer)

Mummyto3

Free Member
Aug 24, 2012
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Howdy!
I'm in the same boat as you and just started on the journey to find the right one for myself, other half, 3 kids, 1 stepson and dog. Yay! Barrel of laughs!
Good luck!:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Barrel of laughs!
Good luck!:Smile:

You are buying a HOME. This is serious.

Hah - just remembered, we paid 10x what we paid for our first home ( a detached house with garage ) for ours.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mummyto3

Free Member
Aug 24, 2012
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I agree with Brian, it really is a serious business! Nothing at all to take lightly and needs lots and lots and even more research! I say 'barrel of laughs' as opposed to friggin' stressful!!!!!! I've hardly slept since making the decision to go hunting for one. MASSIVE decision!!!!!
Best of luck!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Welcome to Fun, I would say make a list of what you think you need, with a family of 3 I would say, when you think you have found the van you like, all of you get in it without the salesman, shut the door and imagine that you were in it for a afternoon when its raining, will the lay out work for you then.

Imagine cooking in it, then storage for out side chairs a table and barbecue.

If buying second hand try and find one with a solar panel and bike rack and pull out awning already fitted, all this will save you money later.

Most of all never be afraid to ask questions on Motorhome Fun, some one usually has a answer do make use of us.:thumb:

OP
OP
D

dex

Free Member
Aug 26, 2012
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
researching
Exp
novice
Motorhoming in winter?

Thanks for the greetings folks, any & all advice very much appreciated, that's why I'm here.

I've a rough idea what I'm after... the budget dictates (I think) a second hand 4 berth coachbuilt with decent sized luton bed for me & the missus... mainly so the deerhounds can't get in it when they're wet.
We'll be using it mainly in scotland & through the winter, the dogs love the snow... when they see it, so good insulation is a must have, but I could maybe add more if required. I see location of water tanks & pipes is kind of important, so I already suspect that what I'm after might be made in germany or france? but any advice to the contrary would be appreciated.

Anyway I'll continue searching the forums to learn what I can.

:thanks:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I may be biased but instead of the Luton, have a look at the Hymer 584, or 544, just under 6 meters fully winterised a good bit of space inside and plenty of outside storage.

The drop down bed is very comforable easy to get in and out, and if you look around private some in really nice condition and not costing mega bucks.

whatta

Free Member
Aug 21, 2010
Scotland, but on the move
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2001
Hi Dex! Welcome to the site.

If Carol's advice appeals to you - and it should 'cos it's always good - have a look at the Hymer at Dyce caravans. I have done so several times, but decided to stick with what I have for a while yet.

It's been in stock all year and £33250 for a 2004 B524 with 32,000 on the clock (not 23,000 as stated in the ad) seems high to me. Others on this site with more knowledge of Hymers will no doubt indicate an appropriate price.

http://www.dycecaravans.co.uk/motorhome_details.php?mhId=2F304B7F3F25AADD802578580030C682

Good luck

Peter S

OP
OP
D

dex

Free Member
Aug 26, 2012
NE Scotland
Funster No
MH
researching
Exp
novice
Dyce caravans

Hi Dex! Welcome to the site.

If Carol's advice appeals to you - and it should 'cos it's always good - have a look at the Hymer at Dyce caravans. I have done so several times, but decided to stick with what I have for a while yet.

It's been in stock all year and £33250 for a 2004 B524 with 32,000 on the clock (not 23,000 as stated in the ad) seems high to me. Others on this site with more knowledge of Hymers will no doubt indicate an appropriate price.

http://www.dycecaravans.co.uk/motorhome_details.php?mhId=2F304B7F3F25AADD802578580030C682

Good luck

Peter S

thanks Peter, when I looked on their website the search didn't bring that one up & I was too dim to click on the motorhome button :Doh:

cheers
dex

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Not a lover of Dyce caravans, but as they are the nearest main dealer you don't have a lot of choice. That Hymer is overpriced - it should be £27K and then I would go over it with a fine toothed come, they will try to get away with anything.
I am not saying don't use them but remember as the nearest competition is more than 100 miles away they have the field pretty much to themselves.

Norman

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi, welcome and no drinking n driving once you get it ok:Wacko::winky::welcomefunster:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back