Greetings From Newbie Airwave

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by airwave, May 31, 2015.

1. airwave

airwave Funster

Hello all , my name's Mickey , l'm 54 , and just joined . As yet i don't own a motorhome however I'm looking to purchase one next year . I've been messing with small van's for year's , my present van is an unconverted suzuki carry , which i brought a few year's back to convert into a small camper . I put a small purpose made tent on the back door and though it work's , a friend of mine moved up to a motorhome , and the seed's were sown . I'm struggling to find the time to converted my van due to another car i own and my mothers classic mini which i look after . However , i've recently discovered a motorhome would cost less to insure , slightly more to tax and use marginal more fuel , but with all the extra space . Now for ppl not in the know my van would fit inside a 5m motorhome , and several time's over in some of the larger unit's . I would be interested in contacting other owner's to ask review's , opinion's , if you guy's don't mind , and possibly asking what maybe stupid question's , i just ask you remember , i am new to this genre , though i am familiar with caravan's ..
    Thank's for taking the time for reading this ,

Mickey ( aka airwave )

• Like Like x 1
  2. scousebird

scousebird Funster

Hello :welc:

• Like Like x 1
  3. GAVLAD

GAVLAD Funster

Hello and welcome from W.Yorks

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jonkil

Jonkil Funster

Well done Mickey.
    Drove those little 1300cc Suzuki's often.... Even had a 998cc version here.... smashing little things (Rascal is the same).
    You've joined the right forum for advice, consider spending £10 and becoming a full member as after 5 posts you can "read only".
    Tons of advice here, people will come to your assistance and offer advice if possible.......
    Oooooh
    Welcome aboard, enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NickNic

NickNic Funster Life Member

Hello :welc:

• Like Like x 1
  6. airwave

airwave Funster

Well thank's guy's .
    Ye god's , a rascal , that was what started it all . lol loaf of bread on wheel's . I had a 1990 mover , like driving a go kart . I fully converted it , even had sat tv , had one person ask where i got the interior from , fantastic little van . Body went terminal on me , in the end . I could have repaired it , but i couldn't say hand on heart it would have been safe , so i scrapped it . Replaced it with the carry , again wonderful little motor , gutsy 16v motor but a bit thirsty , though to be fair it often has a roof load . It's the road tax that annoys me , 200 quid for a 1.3 . my old one was half that .

7. dappleduck

dappleduck

wow......Suzuki carry............brilliant... always wanted one.....however...I want never gets ..........decent one didn't come my way.............forgot to say good morning.....hmmmmmmmmm quite envious

• Like Like x 1
  8. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Welcome. Big or small we welcome all... Keep posting. :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

Hello upload_2015-6-1_9-25-46.png
    Had a lovely little Suzuki Carry and a similar sized Daihatsu way back, just for our general 'car' as it suited the dogs, not as a camper; but now that you mention it.....
    The Suzuki got written off when somebody drove into the back of it.
    Is your Suzuki likely to be for sale? - details, photos maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Momo

Momo Funster

Hi Mickey and welcome to the Fun!:welc::party:

• Like Like x 1
  11. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

downloadfile-1.gif

• Like Like x 1
  12. jollyrodger

jollyrodger Funster Life Member

Hi from Devon ....stupid questions on Fun ....never :D
    Nothing wrong with the micro van conversions .so long as your a micro person .met an elderly couple years back in spain who had taken theirs all over europe

animated-gif-emoticons.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Yo Mickey, welcome old son, why airwave? do tell........Griff

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Hi and welcome to the fun, no motorhome? go to meets with Hilldweller, he is well known for taking the Mickey

• Like Like x 1
  15. dappleduck

dappleduck

back off CWH i got in first ..........i want/need the Suzuki.................ha ha happy camping

• Like Like x 2
  16. airwave

airwave Funster

LoL , what a response . Okay let me try and answer some of these question's , eh .
    Airwave date's back to my first venture in cyperspace . I needed an email box and i wanted something simple , i tried several and failed , then airwave was accepted . I figured i could change it later , but it was actually better than i first thought . I play with both air and water , i fly and sail . Air is used to sail and my sailing is at sea , wave . I'm also hang glider pilot , i need air to fly , in gliding there is weather system called wave , normally found over mountain ranges , if you could actually see it , it would just like the swell at sea . But it first came to mind because one of my glider's is an Airwave calypso , rather old but still a very good glider .( sorry , bit sad ent it )
    It would appear i've managed to cook my primary computer's hard drive , the battery failed last year , so i just plugged into the main's and kept using it , trouble is it got hot and landed me in deeper trouble . So at present , i'm using a new chrome book , and can't get at or upload picture's at present , i'm working on that one , as there is a lot of music on that computer as well as all my picture's .
    Van , now that's an interesting question , and one i can't properly answer at the minute . Even a small motorhome (which is what i'm looking for) , wont fit on the drive . I also prefer older vehicle's , which under go's a thorough inspection , often including part's getting overhauled , for which the van would be invaluable . However , in the future , i could move toward's full timing , and i doubt i would need the van at that point . So i think the best answer i can give is , it's possible in the future , but certainly not , in the short term .

• Like Like x 2
  17. Baycott

Baycott Funster

Hi Mickey and welcome from East Sussex :welc:

• Like Like x 1
  18. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Welcome on board from the murky depths of the duckpond...... :welc:

• Like Like x 1
  19. airwave

airwave Funster

Thank's guy's:thanks3: