Greetings from France.....

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dagwood, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Dagwood

Dagwood Deleted User

.........where we moved 25yrs ago.
    "We" are David & Helen who retired just 2yrs ago and bought our first Hymer. Slowly upgrading we are now on our third and having a bundle of fun with it all.
    So far we've covered 11 countries and got back from 5 weeks in Greece just last week.
    Given current weather we have the maps out and expect to have our first Christmas away. Toss-up between Morocco (again) or Tunisia but current ferry prices give cause for reflection! :cry:

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

welcome to the fun site I am sure you will find plenty to occupy yourself when not away, don't forget the chatroom, there is a quiz TONIGHT, and every Thursday in the chatroom, hope to see you there.

[​IMG]

3. gypsyrose

gypsyrose Funster

A warm welcome!! Envious of your travels although we are off to Spain in Dec so lots of planning to do!! Would love to go to Greece in the MH though!! Hope you enjoy it here..it's definitely FUN!! :BigGrin:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  4. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Hi Dagwood

:welcome: Welcome to MHFun

Hoping to travel to Greece ourselves in the not too distant future.
    Would be interested as to how you fared there.

5. roadtraveller

roadtraveller Read Only Funster

WELCOME

6. RuthRv

RuthRv Read Only Funster

hi welcome from me too, want to go to greece in our mh one day. love the way of life out there:thumb:
    ruth

7. Dagwood

Dagwood Deleted User

Hi all,
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Brisey, will send you a pm if you like concerning the Greek trip. Unambiguous success!
    Perhaps one of you can tell me why the logo for this set-up is of a hairy ghit riding a vibrator? Unusual :Eeek:
    David

8. stagman

stagman Deleted User

Nice lookin C got a 1976 B roadster myself but not as nice as yours .At the moment renovating my Stag ,hope to get it ready for the next Classic Le Mans and then the motorhome can have some time off.:thumb:

9. Dagwood

Dagwood Deleted User

Hi Stagman,
    Just noticed your reply.
    A Stag is about the only vehicle I'd swap my C for. Had one when they were new and always wanted another. Oh well, can't do everything.
    Hope you are up and running with the Stag for next classic Le Mans, you do have some time! But won't you need the m/home to camp in at the circuit?

10. evans88

evans88 Read Only Funster

Hope there is now a fix for the overheating problem on the Stag as I recall they suffered from head gasket and chronic engine failure. Nice car though, a real classic.

11. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I had a brand new stag in 73 a mk 2, bugger for overheating though but boy was the image great for a 19 y o:thumb:

12. Dagwood

Dagwood Deleted User

The overheating was sorted long ago but now it's hard to find one that is original and not converted to the Rover V8!
    Ah, Rover. that raises another problem - I've got one of those too.....:Doh: