greetings from a very soggy France (1 Viewer)

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
Been here since Thursday evening and it's mostly been raining non=stop. Have met some rather disappointed Brits on their way home after very poor weather. Still we're here for a month so there is time for it to change. According to weather.com the sun will shine on Thursday!

So far have stayed at aire Baie de Somme, Broglie and are now at Bouchemaine. All very acceptable aires even in the rain and fog. Moving on tomorrow not sure where but in a southerly direction. Any suggestions?

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
I live in SW dept.16 and been wet,cold and miserable here,brightened up a little this afternoon but nothing like it should be,sorry think you may have to head a lot further south!:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
We don't wish to know that. We're parked on the banks of the Loire and I'm on Flood Watch.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Never mind it's good out in the van whatever the weather and you are in a nice part of the world::bigsmile:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Been here since Thursday evening and it's mostly been raining non=stop. Have met some rather disappointed Brits on their way home after very poor weather. Still we're here for a month so there is time for it to change. According to weather.com the sun will shine on Thursday!

So far have stayed at aire Baie de Somme, Broglie and are now at Bouchemaine. All very acceptable aires even in the rain and fog. Moving on tomorrow not sure where but in a southerly direction. Any suggestions?

You are in a nice area..and plenty of lovely Aires around you..but when it rains :Doh: so if you want a change..Head south west to the coast, Mortagne -sur-Gironde there is an Aire there at the marina water/ electric/ was 7.20 euros (last year prices) ....park on the south side of the marina...toilet and grey water empty spot is north side of the marina at the top at the side of the road near a boat yard, near where you turn around.................thse are the coordinations for the marina N45° 28' 34.40", W0° 47' 35.85" .......or.... N45 28.550' W000 47.681'...or....45.476223,-0.793293..al for the same place it is the marina.
there are toilets at the other side of the lock gatesthat you can walk over when lock gates are shut.

How far south do you want to travel this time....we have just been out for a quick break as we have stuck at home due to Doctors and blood tests... we had a few days clear so we stopped at Calais port aire, and its been good for the last 5 days..the weather has been fine..
Also we was speaking to a fellow brit just come back from the Med.....who says it is and has been hot and very good weather.....

Go down into the Dordogne region on the canals, also onto the coast line below Bordeaux.... the south coast of Brittany, also just below la Rochelle on the coast line

Mel:thumb:

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Oradour-sur-Glane

Is always worth a look if you haven't seen it, it is south of you but don't know if it is on your route.
It's almost unbelievable

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Oradour-sur-Glane

Is always worth a look if you haven't seen it, it is south of you but don't know if it is on your route.
It's almost unbelievable

I do think Oradour is place everybody must call and see at least once in there life, it is worth a visit it is very moooooving French village left as it was to remind us of what awful thing the Germans Nazi's did ... if you have never been, put it on your must list.....BUT if you are feeling depressed at the mo with the weather....I would give it a miss .....and call when the weather is sunny...

froggy59

Free Member
Jul 12, 2011
walkden
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2009
Well its not stopped raining here in Bayeux, it been at it all day.:cry:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I hope this weather improves.

We are setting off on Thursday night for Spain.

It was going to be Friday but unfortunately my daughter will be too ill for school on Friday:winky:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
We're in the Auvergne, just north of Clermont-Ferrand, at the moment. It's 7C feels like 3C and doesn't look like it's going to get better. Oh, and it's stopped raining for about 4 hrs in the last two days. I thought Lancashire was wet!

OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
soggy francde

Also don't wish to know that. We have just left Newcastle under Lyme - not that far from Cannock or Uttoxeter

But thanks to all who have replied. We're not expecting to go further than the midi pyrenees or east across from Bordeaux along the canal du midi to Carcassonne. Perhaps fitting in the gorge du Tarn and I like the sound of Gavarnie. Any recommendations?

OP
OP
J

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
Commiserations to Ed Excel = misery loves company!

I've been to Oradour sur Glane and agree it's a must see.

Naughty naughty to the daughter planning to be too ill for school

Thanks again to all - hoping to meet some of you at Shrewsbury.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back