Green Cards? (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Many, many years ago, we always had to get a 'Green Card' for the insurance.

But over the years things changed and they came as standard IIRC. Then we just had to tell them when we go.

Well, the last few years, I haven't done anything when we go.

Should we be be telling the insurance company when we go?

Have I been a bad boy ? ::bigsmile:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi, it should be in the insurance policy and also (in my case) written on the back of the certificate. Some insurance companies allow xx days continuous outside UK but require you to tell them - Adrian Flux brokered a policy that had this requirements when I was with them

Hope that helps. The green card itself doesn't exist anymore as far as I know, just some words in a few languages. I had the dickens of a job trying to get my employers to understand that I needed the back of the certificate and not just a very poor scanned copy for my business travel in Europe. Cheers!:thumb:

Just seen PJ's post - yes, best to call them and be sure

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Many, many years ago, we always had to get a 'Green Card' for the insurance.

But over the years things changed and they came as standard IIRC. Then we just had to tell them when we go.

Well, the last few years, I haven't done anything when we go.

Should we be be telling the insurance company when we go?

Have I been a bad boy ? ::bigsmile:
What the hell, just go !

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
With safeguard it's covered all year no need to tell them they expect you to go

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
all eu bought insurance as to give minimum cover in all eu countries ,some non eu are also covered .like switzerland . for the full operation time of the cover. its automatic .
some give full cover similar toyour uk cover some restrict the time away on the full cover . most uk companies lie and tell you they dont have to cover you. (article 7(2)of the .EEC directive on insurance of civil liberties arising from the use of a motor vehicle(no72/166/cee).
that should cover you.
also its wise to get an international accident report form off your insurer before you go. its in several languages and in some eu countries its compulsory to have one in the car/vehicle.
they are designed by the european insurance commitee as an agreed staement of facts .

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Questioned saga about this when I insured van , according to the lady I spoke to, you can go as long as you like, within reason ,not full timeing without telling them, I have European breakdown with them as well which is the same. Of coarse I may have it wrong but that's what I go with:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back