green card insurance company

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bernardfeay, Nov 12, 2012.

1. bernardfeay

bernardfeay Read Only Funster

My current insurer will not issue a green card to allow me to travel into Bosnia or Albania. I've lived with the restriction because of the good quote each year but now I'm wondering if others have insurers who will issue green cards.

Any help or names greatly appreciated.

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Dont know about Bosnia but the reason I went to Saga was because they will give me a green card for Morocco.

3. darklord

darklord Read Only Funster

4. jaygee

jaygee Funster

It states on this site that 3rd party insurance is obtainable at the border. We were in croatia in August this year and wanted to go into Bosnia so tried to purchase insurance at the border but the border crossing staff said it was not possible to buy insurance at any border so we were unable to do this!
    Now I'm sure i have read on here that someone did actually purchase it but there is not a lot you can do when faced with border staff who say you can't.

5. Don Madge

Don Madge Funster

Hi,

I was in Albania earlier this year and paid €27 for third party cover for 14 days? I think the 14 days is correct.

We paid €65 in Macedonia and €10 in Montenegro. They quoted us €100 at the Serbian border but declined their offer and went via Macedonia which was €35 cheaper.

You can only buy third party cover at border crossing points.

Safe travelling.

Don