Nov 29, 2013
London
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Eamless submitted a new resource:

Greece Stopovers - Places to stay in Greece

Places to stay in Greece. These are mostly places to park gratis. We only used 3 campsites, mainly for a washing machine. Greece is a dream to tour in a motorhome with parking nearly everywhere for free, friendly people and scenery that is hard to beat.
The resource includes interactive google maps, ratings, photos and links to blogs.
Hope you enjoy.

Read more about this resource...

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Eamless submitted a new resource:

Greece Stopovers - Places to stay in Greece

Read more about this resource...
Let’s hope that your “info” doesn’t swamp those places and result in eventual bans !!
We ( selfishly ?? ) keep shtum about the spots we find and let everyone else (resourceful enough) find them for themselves, resulting, we hope, in a more even and locally tolerable spread of vans !!
I expect to be vilified for this viewpoint…
Mitch

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Eamless hasn’t been around here for awhile but lots of camping site location sites or forums like MHF rely on member feedback of spots. yy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Let’s hope that your “info” doesn’t swamp those places and result in eventual bans !!
We ( selfishly ?? ) keep shtum about the spots we find and let everyone else (resourceful enough) find them for themselves, resulting, we hope, in a more even and locally tolerable spread of vans !!
I expect to be vilified for this viewpoint…
Mitch

Mitch

Have you toured in Greece?

If so, you will know that there are not a lot of MHs touring in Greece. There are many spots to stop, many more than are listed on Eamless's link. Most of them are away from built-up areas so no 'neighbours' to complain.

While tour comments may be valid for countries which have a large MH touring population, Greece at present will not suffer from an accumulation of MHs at one spot. In 2021 I think we only encountered one other MH parked where we were parked in 8 weeks. We were on one island and were the only MH - one was queuing to board our ferry as we arrived.

Even if it did come to signs being put up I doubt that there would be much enforcement - it is hard to get a Greek policemen away from their desks, coffee and computers. Also their budget for petrol is limited. And there would be disputes at beaches as to whether it is the responsibility of the normal police or the Port Police.

We shall be back in Greece in September.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Yes I have toured.
3 months round the Péloponnèse..
Lovely people, Beautiful place, ample parking spots, but Spain was like that once !!
Mitch

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Personally July/Aug is too hot for me.
Yes I have toured.
3 months round the Péloponnèse..
Lovely people, Beautiful place, ample parking spots, but Spain was like that once !!
Mitch

I can feel your worries, but Greece is much harder to reach in time/money on the ferry or in time/insurance via the Balkans, so I think that it being flooded by MHs could be a long time coming.

As you say there is ample parking so I do not see a problem in the near future.

There is a member on here who is organising a tour of Greece for a group of MHs. He advertised it in Jan(?) and advertised it again recently, so presumably it is not full yet. It is £1,750 for the Bari ferry return and campsites. Our Ancona ferry return is £900 and I doubt we will use campsites much, if at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back