Great service from DVLA (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Torbay, Devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1992
Ater being away for 2 weeks on a UK tour I realised that the van tax expired at the end of September and that we would not be home until mid October, I did not have the V5 registration doc. With me and the reminder had not arrived before we left home and in order to renew you need the number on either the V5 or the reminder in order to renew, I rang the DVLA and spoke to a very helpful lady and explained my predicament, she said that normally they cannot renew without this number but said that as a one-off she would renew the tax without it, she said they could not do this again but realised my predicament, after a few question the job was done and she wished me a happy holiday, I know that DVLA get critisised quite a lot so I think a little praise for good service is in order here.
Don

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Praise to them also. It's not very often we receive excellent service which warrants a mention but I to have received some first class service from DVLA. My hgv class 1 was due and I was going away in a week. I duly sent off all the paperwork along with a letter of explanation. Within the week my new licence arrived. What more could be done to satisfaction a customer. I experienced the same service transferring a number plate last month.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
to give some balance perhaps: I SORNED my race car in the last week of August (it was taxed till end of Sept), had a receipt/comfirmation of SORN by Email immediately and within 10 days received a refund cheque for the last months road tax, all well and good.

Then yesterday I received a letter from DVLA saying the tax is due to expire at end of September and I need to either renew it or SORN it! Postal date on this letter was last Friday, four full days AFTER I received the refund.

Pleased that you have had good service and I hope that one day I will be dealt with by the lady you spoke to.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back