jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Cynics and pessimists will always see things differently. I do admit to being both of them at times. But I do believe that a councils job is to do its best for its constituents. By making this scheme come to fruition they will be fulfilling their role. They will have had lots of contact from their residents and traders and seem to have made the correct decision.

By allowing the scheme they have:

Improved parking by giving motorhomes safe off road parking freeing space up for cars
Improving road safety by getting the vans off the roads.
Creating a source of revenue for the council
Making a scheme that will attract more trade to the area
Showing that they can make an independent decision which has not been biased by NIMBYs or other commercial interests or pressure.
They are also getting free advertising and publicity for the area.

Its a win win situation!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes,

I have personally approached many councils. Unfortunately most reply with a total crock of lies and bullshot.

I suggest that other members here write emails to councils pointing out Fyldes decision.

If councils reply with lies or bull$hit use their complaints procedure, pointing out how and why you know they are lying or bull$hitting, and take it all the way through to the Local Government Ombudsman (or Information Commissioner if an FoI request was involved).

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
If councils reply with lies or bull$hit use their complaints procedure, pointing out how and why you know they are lying or bull$hitting, and take it all the way through to the Local Government Ombudsman (or Information Commissioner if an FoI request was involved).

I believe that a number of councillors believe that it is in the best interest of local camp sites and hotels, or they have interests in them.

In most cases I after hitting brick walls, I just decided "Sod you we will take our custom else where!"

If this scheme is successful it will prove them wrong.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I believe that a number of councillors believe that it is in the best interest of local camp sites and hotels, or they have interests in them.

In most cases I after hitting brick walls, I just decided "Sod you we will take our custom else where!"

If this scheme is successful it will prove them wrong.

If councillors have evidence that the interest of camp sites and hotels is best served by no aires that is hardly lying or bull$hit.

If, on the other hand, councillors unfairly discriminate (especially where they have an interest) then they should be challenged or nothing will change.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back