Great Little Taster Trip (1 Viewer)

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
Deciding to take advantage of the good weather at the beginning of the week, we chose to go to a CL in Suffolk less than 40miles from home (but in an area we hadn't been to before), for our first trip out since getting our new motorhome. When we got there we found the field was on quite a slope requiring the use of levellers for the first time.

IMG_3936.JPG

As there were molehills in the area and being the first time I had used them, I chickened out from going on the top level (of 4) (as it rained the 2nd night I was glad I had).
This was a lovely little break with numerous lanes and pretty villages in the area for cycling round, proving you don't have to go far from home to have a good break.
On our middle day a caravan that had been across the field, was replaced by a very nice couple who have been full timing in their motorhome for the last 5 years. Unfortunately it became rather wet after they arrived, so we didn't get as much time to chat as we would have liked and I didn't discover whether they were funsters or not.
Luckily the rather wet conditions didn't stop me reversing back up the hill to the flat ground.
All in all a great little taster before our longer trips coming up.

Jul 29, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Plus s 670SLT
Exp
Since 2014
We have just joined the CC and looking for CL's in Suffolk. We are near the Essex / Suffolk boarder and like to find sites within a hour from us, for short breaks. So do tell, which CL is it.

OP
OP
Jasz
Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
It is called Shepherds Farm, close to Hadleigh. It is a Caravan Club site. Kersey and Polsted are pretty villages in the area. Although there are no big hills there are not many flat areas either! A little further away Lavenham and Cavandish are worth a look.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jasz
Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
Yes, the other couple were getting worried as they had to go further down the hill and they had recently needed a tractor on less of a slope. Hopefully it had dried out sufficiently by the time they had to leave.
I think we were OK because most of the slope was under the van and would have been sheltered by it, that was why I decided to reverse rather than drive round.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back