Great Little Taster Trip

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jasz, May 14, 2016.

1. Jasz

Jasz Funster

Deciding to take advantage of the good weather at the beginning of the week, we chose to go to a CL in Suffolk less than 40miles from home (but in an area we hadn't been to before), for our first trip out since getting our new motorhome. When we got there we found the field was on quite a slope requiring the use of levellers for the first time.

IMG_3936.JPG

As there were molehills in the area and being the first time I had used them, I chickened out from going on the top level (of 4) (as it rained the 2nd night I was glad I had).
    This was a lovely little break with numerous lanes and pretty villages in the area for cycling round, proving you don't have to go far from home to have a good break.
    On our middle day a caravan that had been across the field, was replaced by a very nice couple who have been full timing in their motorhome for the last 5 years. Unfortunately it became rather wet after they arrived, so we didn't get as much time to chat as we would have liked and I didn't discover whether they were funsters or not.
    Luckily the rather wet conditions didn't stop me reversing back up the hill to the flat ground.
    All in all a great little taster before our longer trips coming up.

• Like Like x 10
  2. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Great stuff, there'll be no stopping you now.(y)

PS You didn't say which cl?

3. StitchesnFluff

StitchesnFluff Funster

Van looks great!

4. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

(y)

5. Coopit

Coopit Funster

We have just joined the CC and looking for CL's in Suffolk. We are near the Essex / Suffolk boarder and like to find sites within a hour from us, for short breaks. So do tell, which CL is it.

6. Jasz

Jasz Funster

It is called Shepherds Farm, close to Hadleigh. It is a Caravan Club site. Kersey and Polsted are pretty villages in the area. Although there are no big hills there are not many flat areas either! A little further away Lavenham and Cavandish are worth a look.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

You got lucky. Never go down hill on wet grass, next time it could be tractor time.

8. Jasz

Jasz Funster

Yes, the other couple were getting worried as they had to go further down the hill and they had recently needed a tractor on less of a slope. Hopefully it had dried out sufficiently by the time they had to leave.
    I think we were OK because most of the slope was under the van and would have been sheltered by it, that was why I decided to reverse rather than drive round.:)