Great impartial advice from the Newells .. (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Went to the Newell stand at the Malvern show today. On the list was to look closely into a solar system for or van.
We spoke to a very nice lady who I assume was Mrs Newell who advised us clearly we should try our recently acquired MH BEFORE laying out cash.
Now we....That is my wife and I are as green as grass and would so easily have been convinced into splashing out a lump of cash. To get hold of our cash was clearly not the way these people work.

So a huge thanks to the Newells for the solid advice ! So often in all walks of life we hear criticisms of businesses taking money where its not required or shouldn't be taken. We criticism to often and praise and recognise the good people to seldom.

Of course until we follow the advice and see if we need solar we wont know. But if we do we know where we are heading..
Thanks again.
Charlie.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
there are a few ways to spot a good business. one is the large number of recommendations. another is how busy they are. best way is the advise they offer freely without trying to get your business

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We had the same experience when we bought our Murvi. Rex, who is the front of shop man so to speak, tries very hard not to sell you any extras! Of course some extras you need to decide when ordering the vehicle - size of engine, etc, but the MH extras like external BBQ point he always say decide after you have had the vehicle for a while. I have spoken to others and they had the same experience. I had expected the hard sell to load it with bling - but that wasn't the way it was.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 15, 2014
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E450
Exp
3 years
I used to by welding stuff and metal etc from a guy called Ray who would always give you the benefit of his experience even if it meant you not buying what you went in for and him not getting a sale but you knew you could trust him and if he recommended something you could buy it with confidence, a great guy sadly missed

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
offering free advice and proposing cheaper solutions to problems other people had over quoted on used to get me a lot of work. key to a long lasting business is happy customers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back