Great day today, checked the van (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
For the first few winters that we had the van I used to run an oil filled radiator overnight to keep the temperature above freezing. Last winter I didn't use it as much and it didn't make any difference so this time I decided to do without it at all, just did the normal drain down and kept the batteries topped up from time to time.

Because of the much harsher weather I took advantage of better temperatures today to check the water, gas and electric systems and everything is fine :thumb::yeah:wooo:clap:

Drained it down again just in case but all we need to do now is identify somewhere to go and get away for a few days.

We fancy doing more CLs this year and may well join the C&CC for their CS network.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We use the CL and CS networks extensively Graham. We have found them to be great and can save a fortune in summer when we don't need leccie for heating. £5 a night is not uncommon. :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
with a bit of luck and a following wind the CFL's should be open this year, do check them out first.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We use the CL and CS networks extensively Graham. We have found them to be great and can save a fortune in summer when we don't need leccie for heating. £5 a night is not uncommon. :thumb:

Any suggestions for not too far from here Ken?

with a bit of luck and a following wind the CFL's should be open this year, do check them out first.:thumb:

We will indeed Roger. Might take us a while to save up the fuel costs for visiting the deep south though :roflmto:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Any suggestions for not too far from here Ken?

We will indeed Roger. Might take us a while to save up the fuel costs for visiting the deep south though :roflmto:
well you had better start saving because the rest of the Nutters are meeting at my place when Frankie comes over in August. (17-21st)

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
there is a CL next to the pub at Cropton Graham as you need leccie this time of year. Good food at pub and their own micro brewery ales we tried were excellent.

Later in year when they open carry on up the road thro Cropton village and there are about 3 CL's all £5/£6 a night. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
For the first few winters that we had the van I used to run an oil filled radiator overnight to keep the temperature above freezing. Last winter I didn't use it as much and it didn't make any difference so this time I decided to do without it at all, just did the normal drain down and kept the batteries topped up from time to time.

Because of the much harsher weather I took advantage of better temperatures today to check the water, gas and electric systems and everything is fine :thumb::yeah:wooo:clap:

Drained it down again just in case but all we need to do now is identify somewhere to go and get away for a few days.

We fancy doing more CLs this year and may well join the C&CC for their CS network.

Don't forget the c&cc have a hole host of clubs that arrange meets around the country, we are part of the BCC and use the THS for weeks at a time

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
there is a CL next to the pub at Cropton Graham as you need leccie this time of year. Good food at pub and their own micro brewery ales we tried were excellent.

Later in year when they open carry on up the road thro Cropton village and there are about 3 CL's all £5/£6 a night. :thumb:

Thanks Ken. Not sure how much I would save at a CL with a micro brewery though :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back