Rally Great Cornish Food & Drink Festival 25-27 Sept 2015 (1 Viewer)

whoa

Free Member
May 2, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
It's been sold, no more
Exp
I'm a newbie
@Robert Clark
I just thought I would mention when I made my pitch booking the pleasant young lady I spoke with didn't understand about the group of MHF, anyway later I spoke to the park manager Simon Vallance, and enquired about the group being together, but he said it was still high season, and it might not be possible, perhaps I should have mentioned it before, anyway it wouldn't put me off, but I thought I would mention it, unless anyone else has different news, my booking was made about 6.7.15., so we may have to find a rendezvous location, or has someone got a very tall funster flag I shouldn't be able to miss

Edit: we will be on the site all being well from 22nd Sept as we will have been in Cornwall for a couple of weeks, and leaving 28th, it's our first ever rally and our first decent length of time away in the MH as we may be away for a month, hopefully our galley tap will be fixed before we go, but never mind it all comes out in the wash

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
@Robert Clark @REKERLY @Wildge
@peterc10 @whoa @Peetee
@DuxDeluxe @Drive

A quick note about our Pint and Pasty welcome evening. I know it's a little early but I want to take advantage of offers that are currently available so it would be helpful if those attending can place any orders now.

The pasties are available as steak or vegetable and Mary is offering them to us at £3.10 instead of the usual £3.25. Believe me, these are really top class.

We have selected a variety of bottled beers, all from St. Austell Brewery. These are all brewed and bottled in Cornwall which cannot be said of some 'Cornish' products. All bottles are 500ml.
1. Tribute. Cornish Pale Ale. 4.2%. £1.99 or £6 for 4.
2. Proper Job. India Pale Ale. 5.5%. £1.99 or £6 for 4.
3. Korev. Cornish Lager. 4.8%. £1.79 or £6 for 4.
4. H.S.D. Strong Pale Ale. 5%. £1.99 or £6 for 4.
5. Admirals Ale. Extra Special Bitter. 5%. £1.99 or £6 for 4.
6. Cornish Rattler. Cornish Cloudy Cider. 6%. £2 or £5 for 3.

Of course, if you prefer to bring your own preferred tipple please feel free to do so, but as this get-together has been designed as a celebration of Cornish produce, hopefully everybody will want to start off with authentic food and drink.

If you can please message me with your requirements over the next few days that will enable me to purchase at the best possible prices. And don't worry about payment at the moment; I won't ask for any money until the end of August.

Stef.
Hi Stef
Can we please order (combined order for us and Winterbottoms)
4 meat pasties
12 cider
12 Proper Job
If you can please PM me your bank details I will send you a bank transfer ASAP

Thank you !

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Thanks, I've now received orders from everybody except @Drive.

I shall get the beers in shortly because they are on supermarket promotions until the end of the month but any changes or increases to the pasty order will be okay until a week before the event.

Stef.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
So sorry we will not be with you But Cornwall is a long way for two and a half days:whistle2:which is all we can manage.
I hereby donate our beer and pasties to be shared twixt .......pat1951 and Rekerly :rofl::rofl:
Jude

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
So sorry we will not be with you But Cornwall is a long way for two and a half days:whistle2:which is all we can manage.
I hereby donate our beer and pasties to be shared twixt .......pat1951 and Rekerly :rofl::rofl:
Jude
Hi @Wildge
Thanks for the update, your name was taken off the list a little while ago now.
You didn't place an order for Beer and Pasties, so no problem there
If @pat1951 and @REKERLY are interested in coming, can you please let the campsite know and tell us what pasties and beer you'd like to order (see the previous posts for selection and prices)

Thanks
Robert

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Hi @Wildge
If @pat1951 and @REKERLY are interested in coming, can you please let the campsite know and tell us what pasties and beer you'd like to order (see the previous posts for selection and prices)

Thanks
Robert
SORRY :blush:
My sense of humour going astray AGAIN !!! :groan:
They are both already with you on the rally and it was meant as a joke hence :rofl:
Sorry :imoutahere:

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
SORRY :blush:
My sense of humour going astray AGAIN !!! :groan:
They are both already with you on the rally and it was meant as a joke hence :rofl:
Sorry :imoutahere:
You got me there!!!
Though I can't see Pat1951 on the list - did I miss someone off?
Thanks

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
Exp
2010 to 2016
Hi @Wildge

Thanks
Robert

Just to confirm, I have had an order from @REKERLY.

The members I would like to hear from are @Drive and @pat1951.

Plus, of course, anybody else who plans to attend but isn't on the latest list.

Stef.

Sep 28, 2010
Castletownbere West Cork
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
11 years
Hi Stef
At last sorted ourselves out we shall be there on the 25th and 26th have to catch ferry on 27th from Plymouth. The lady on reception again knew nothing of the meeting so we may not be together. If possible we would like to order Two meat and one vegetable pasty. If not two late four lagers and four ciders please do not worry if its too late for the beers we should not be drinking anyway
Thank-you

Richard & Mo

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Stef
At last sorted ourselves out we shall be there on the 25th and 26th have to catch ferry on 27th from Plymouth. The lady on reception again knew nothing of the meeting so we may not be together. If possible we would like to order Two meat and one vegetable pasty. If not two late four lagers and four ciders please do not worry if its too late for the beers we should not be drinking anyway
Thank-you

Richard & Mo
Great to have you and Mo coming along Richard

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Great Cornish Food & Drink Festival Link Removed
Please book your pitches direct with the site - Link Removed

1. Robert & Lis Clark (2)
2. Sandra & Neil (Non Funsters) (2)
3. Stef & Di (2)
4. Peterc10. Peter & Angela (2)
5. Duxdeluxe - David & Dawn (2)
6. Drive - Clive & Janice (2)
7. Rekerly - Rex & Cherry (2)
8. Whoa - Phil & Julie (2)
9. Peetee - Peta & Trevor (2)
10. Mogbl - Richard and Mo (2)

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
Exp
2010 to 2016
Hi Stef
Thank-you

Richard & Mo

@mogbl

Hi Richard and Mo,

Really pleased that you are able to join us. Maybe we now have to rename the event the Great International Cornish Food and Drink Festival.

I have noted your requests for pasties, lager and cider.

Stef.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Guys
The organizers of the Cornish Food and Drink Festival have now published a timetable of events at the festival
Looks like its going to be an action packed weekend for anyone with a passion for Food and Drink!
More info can be found online
Broken Link Removed

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
Exp
2010 to 2016
The Truro West park and ride, mentioned earlier, has designated spaces for motorhomes and buses drop off at various points in the city, some only a minute walk from Lemon Quay where the Food Festival is taking place. Note that the park and ride does not operate on Sunday's. At the time of writing the new Truro East park and ride is under construction and may not be available.

I am pleased to inform Funsters that the Truro East P & R is now open, and all associated roadworks in the area are complete. The facility is located on the A390 just the St. Austell side of Truro.
To be honest, due to its location, the East P & R will probably not benefit those attending the Carnon Downs meet.

Stef.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Here's just a snipped of some shopping opportunities at the Cornish Food and Drink Festival...

baker-tom-300x200.jpg

Baker Tom
www.bakertom.co.uk
Fresh speciality breads, pastries and cakes baked daily, using traditional methods and the finest organic and local ingredients.

brownie-baker900x600-300x200.jpg

Brownie Baker
www.thebrowniebaker.co.uk
Moist, sticky and devilishly moreish, you’d be hard-pushed to resist these wonderfully chocolatey little squares.

buttermilk-300x200.jpg

Buttermilk Confections
www.buttermilkconfections.co.uk
A family business, making delicious award winning confections. Sourcing ingredients locally and preparing them in a traditional way using open copper pans

ccc-300x200.jpg

Cadgwith Cove Crab
Crabs, lobsters and a selection of fresh Cornish dayboat fish, plus hand-picked, unpasteurised crab meat.

callestick900x600-300x200.jpg

Callestick Farm Cornish Icecream
www.callestickfarm.co.uk
Quality ice-cream using fresh milk from Callestick’s 100-strong herd and their own spring water. Available in over 30 different flavours.

cornish-cheese900x600-300x200.jpg

Cornish Cheese Co
www.cornishcheese.co.uk
Farmhouse cheesemakers whose renowned Cornish Blue was voted best cheese in the world in 2010.

cfb-300x200.jpg

Cornish Food Box Co
thecornishfoodboxcompany.co.uk
Discover the easiest way to buy fresh Cornish produce. Over 80 local suppliers, 100% Cornish.

cornish-meadow900x600-300x200.jpg

Cornish Meadow Preserves
www.cornishmeadow.com
Exceptional jams, jellies, marmalades and chutneys hand-made the traditional way using open top pans.

cornish-orchards-300x200.jpg

Cornish Orchards
www.cornishorchards.co.uk
Producers of a great range of quality Cornish cider, apple juice, elderflower presse and a traditional lemonade.

for the complete 'finger licking' list goto
http://www.greatcornishfood.co.uk/festival/buy/

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Hello Stef, Could i put my order in for
4 Tribute
4 Koren
2 Steak Pasties.

Thanks Nigel & Ann

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
Exp
2010 to 2016
Hello Stef, Could i put my order in for
4 Tribute
4 Koren
2 Steak Pasties.

Thanks Nigel & Ann

Hi Nigel and Ann,

Pleased to see you joining our motley crew.

I've made a note of your pasty and beers order and will PM you over the next couple of days re payment.

Best wishes, Stef.

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Thank you Stef, looking forward to the get together.
Regards
Nigel & Ann

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Great Cornish Food & Drink Festival Link Removed
Please book your pitches direct with the site - Link Removed

1. Robert & Lis Clark (2)
2. Sandra & Neil (Non Funsters) (2)
3. Stef & Di (2)
4. Peterc10. Peter & Angela (2)
5. Duxdeluxe - David & Dawn (2)
6. Drive - Clive & Janice (2)
7. Rekerly - Rex & Cherry (2)
8. Whoa - Phil & Julie (2)
9. Peetee - Peta & Trevor (2)
10. Mogbl - Richard and Mo (2)
11. Fleurette - Nigel & Ann (2)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Just a thought'

If any off you fancy a decent meal, a good pint, with great ambiance , if you head towards Truro, at the first Roundabout (about 50-100mtrs) , hang a right (B3289) and head towards King Harry Ferry, about a mile down that road you come to a little village called PENELEWEY, there is a pub there called the PUNCHBOWL (Motorhome friendly Carpark)
The grub is of a higher standard than the usual "pubgrub" a tad more expensive, but still great value for money.

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
Exp
2010 to 2016
Thanks, Rangi.

I've already given the heads-up on this one. I had no hesitation in recommending it.

When I saw that you had contributed to the thread I was hoping that you had decided to join us. It's not too late.

Stef.

OP
OP
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just a thought'

If any off you fancy a decent meal, a good pint, with great ambiance , if you head towards Truro, at the first Roundabout (about 50-100mtrs) , hang a right (B3289) and head towards King Harry Ferry, about a mile down that road you come to a little village called PENELEWEY, there is a pub there called the PUNCHBOWL (Motorhome friendly Carpark)
The grub is of a higher standard than the usual "pubgrub" a tad more expensive, but still great value for money.
Like @StefAndDi said it would be great to have you come along and join in the fun
Regards
Robert

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Thanks, Rangi.

I've already given the heads-up on this one. I had no hesitation in recommending it.

When I saw that you had contributed to the thread I was hoping that you had decided to join us. It's not too late.

Stef.
Like @StefAndDi said it would be great to have you come along and join in the fun
Regards
Robert

Thanks fellas not quite sure where we will be, 'spect it might be somewhere around Baltic Wharf then,

Anyway! It's custom that the Ladies! :Eeek:give the Pirate a kiss! :lips:and the men rub his pistol:doh::laughing:

For Good luck of course! Selfies a Must!:laughing::rofl::rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back