Great bargain full toolkit.. Worth a look. (1 Viewer)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Great bit of Kit:Doh:
Cadbury's are doing one at easter:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Well it has arrived. I am quite surprised at the quality to be honest.
There are some parts that make it look like a childs toy but the vast majority is of an acceptable quality.

I think this was a real bargain overall and I won't be returning it :thumb:

There is a problem. It has two plastic clips on the back to connect the trolley to it. The bottom one is broken. I will wait and see if they can send a replacement out.

If not I will have a think but I reckon I may keep it even without the trolley to be honest.

PS: I was expecting the trays that hold the tools to be really cheap flimsy plastic. They aren't they are pretty tough thick plastic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
16 minute response time via ebays communication/email system.
Very impressed so far. They wanted a picture of the damaged part.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• broken-part.jpg
    broken-part.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Well, Just sold all my duplicate tools and got enough to pay for the kit. So I am a happy boy now. The tool area of my van is now looking pretty tidy for the first time since I built the van. 4 Boxes now contain everything :thumb:

Just a couple of loose tools now that I use regularly such as the spanner for the gas tank.

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Whenever I buy a tool kit like that its normally the case that's cheap as chips and is the first thing to fail, rendering the tools to become spread over 10 acres. :Doh: If the case is Robust Karl, let me know I might be tempted:thumb:

I am really happy with it Jim. It has been used in anger a couple of times now and has been more than up to the job.

It is really nice just grabbing one box of tools, wheeling it to the location of the job and having all the tools available to hand.

So far it has been used to remove the headlamps and replace them after rewiring parts. It has been used to remove the boiler, replace and o ring and refit. Plus a few other odd jobs.

Being able to look at each tool tray to make sure no tools are left out after a job was also very handy. Normally I put everything away. Settle down for a cuppa and sit on a tool I forgot I put there when answering the phone. Having to drag everything out again to put away one tool is irritating...

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Some way to go yet then Chris.....

I have a Hilka 46pc socket set in AF, metric and Whitworth :Eeek: , had a replacement ratchet and two sockets.

still in its original box and bought it in 1975.....38 years old

[HI]god only knows how many cars that has seen service on[/HI]. :thumb:

896 cars ( but I did not keep count of other vehicles )

Well you DID ask ! ( and there are those who actually believe I am indeed a living god.. some of who are actually over 12 years old, but most are in secure detention centres )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back