1. MotorhomeFun The best Motorhome Club in the World

Register to remove adverts Register Here

Welcome to Motorhome Fun

MotorhomeFun is a large community of motorhome and touring enthusiasts. Our website is the busiest of its kind. It serves as a meeting place for thousands of members who share their knowledge of motorhomes and travel, as well as arrange rallies in the UK, Europe and beyond.

It's easy to join us and takes just a minute

GRAYSTON springs...

Discussion in 'TECH/MECH GENERAL' started by stcyr, Feb 28, 2013.

1. stcyr

stcyr Funster

Just interested to hear any comments, adverse or otherwise, from anyone who has used or had fitted Grayston spring assisters - the coils that fit 'cart'springs, not the rubber spacers for coillsprings.

(We've got a set on the MH and they've transformed the handling, comfort, ride et al. Also the rubber thingies on the rear of the V40 which have helped load-carrying in what is a low-slung car)

:RollEyes:

2. Swiftroy1

Swiftroy1 Funster

They were already fitted to my 'van when I bought it 9 years ago. The 'van is 18 years old this year. Last year one of the springs broke and a pair of new Grayston springs and carriers were fitted.
    The new springs have completely transformed the straight-line stability and there is no wallowing at all whilst cornering.

From my experience, I would recommend them to anyone looking for a relatively cheap (compared to the air powered versions) solution to saggy-bottom syndrome.

1 person likes this.
  3. stcyr

stcyr Funster

Yep, by far the cheapest option - and very little to go wrong! :thumb: