Gravitational Waves ! (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
It's nearly 7 pm on the 11th February 2016 and no one on Motorhome Fun has yet posted the wonderful, exciting, exhilerating, mind throbbing news that scientists have observed the warping of space-time generated by the collision of two black holes more than a billion light-years from Earth known as Gravitational Waves to them that have spent more than a 100 years looking for it. It's taken 1.3 billion years for those noises to reach us.

It is amazing that Einstein got this so right even though he had no way of proving it.

Right I will get back to reading The Beano now that I have illuminated you :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
thats my kind of funster :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I reckon those scientists are a bit late. Having attended several Funster rallies where the consumption of intoxicating liquor has been allowed I'm pretty sure a number of Funsters discovered gravitational waves (or something similar) many moons (geddit?) ago. They've certainly found a number of black holes to my certain knowledge :rofl::rofl:

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
That was all i needed,to be Illuminated,i have ruined the village stargazers fun tonight,with my "Light Pollution " Just to add insult to injury,yes, i have tripped over the light cord,i had to change the plug to a two pin!
Tea Bag.
PS. Am i now a ...Luminary ?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It was detected on the 14th September 2015 and they think the cause were two black holes colliding.

An alternative theory is the wave was created by something which happened on one of the two Fun rallies going on that weekend. So the source was either Lincolnshire or Kent. :)
Is anyone going to spill the beans?

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Given the propensity of funsters to gravitate towards each other, if there were two groups gathered together a couple of hundred miles apart on the same weekend, the gravitational disturbance created on a line between them could very well have been be mistaken for two black holes colliding. Funsters are well known for causing waves - or for waving, at any rate.

Reactions: DBK
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I watched various news reporters yesterday trying to explain to us something they didn't understand themselves.

Reminded me of taking GCEs when I was in school, with Noah.

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
It's nearly 7 pm on the 11th February 2016 and no one on Motorhome Fun has yet posted the wonderful, exciting, exhilerating, mind throbbing news that scientists have observed the warping of space-time generated by the collision of two black holes more than a billion light-years from Earth known as Gravitational Waves to them that have spent more than a 100 years looking for it. It's taken 1.3 billion years for those noises to reach us.

It is amazing that Einstein got this so right even though he had no way of proving it.

Right I will get back to reading The Beano now that I have illuminated you :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:[/QUOTE

Thanks for that explanation..... I was getting a bit bogged down with all the long words......well done ...(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back