Graphics

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Paul T, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Paul T

Paul T Read Only Funster

Hello there,

Can any body guide us to a quality graphics dealer please? We are just in the process of buying a 'proper motor home' (I currently have a panel van conversion ! We have to start somewhere i suppose!:Sad:) The graphics are a little 'dog eared' and I would like to improve the vehicles look with a set of decals. They do not have to be original designs(Auto cruise Star blazer) just 'prettier'!:thumb:
    Kindest regards Paul

2. aba

aba

hi most sign makers use laser cut vinyl and would probably be able to do a match on the existing graphics.

artall signage may be one to try on your doorstep. http://www.artall.co.uk

3. Silkcut1105

Silkcut1105 Funster Life Member

grapgics

hi if your going to the malvern show this weekend there is a good graphics stall there .his web site is called graphic de,signs. ive had stuff of him before and its very good his name is david, hope this helps.:thumb:

4. keith

keith Funster

Not much use to you Paul as this was in Carlisle, but I had the same problem, Autocruise Starseeker. The graphics were crap, all peeling and shrinking after only 2.5 years.

Went to see a proper graphics company and they copied them from the originals & applied them. Cost me less than 200 quid and when I picked the van up I asked at what speed he thought they would be OK to. "They are the same as Virgin Atlantic planes are covered with so you'll be OK as long as you don't go over 600 mph. :Eeek: :thumb:

The decals are put to attract new buyers, not to last the lifetime of the van it would seem. :Doh:

• Like Like x 1
  5. FULLMOON

FULLMOON Read Only Funster

IF YOU NEED A HAND TO PUT THEM ON OLD MO DONE MINE :Rofl1:

6. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Try to keep below 38000 ft too:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Havewheelswilltravel

Havewheelswilltravel Read Only Funster

Can I just ask on this thread.
    Was it difficult to take the old ones off as we are having a right mess trying to get old ones off.

The company we spoke to said £500 for a 28 foot rv
    Then said if we wanted him to take old off would be about £500 to remove old ones.

Alan

8. keith

keith Funster

I'm sure it will depend on how the originals were applied. Why not ask what is involved in removing them as it's so expensive.

Ours were simple self adhesive ones that you can soften with a hair dryer, then remove any adhesive left with Olive Oil.