Grafham Water, Cambridgeshire (1 Viewer)

mark antony

Free Member
Sep 28, 2009
Funster No
Hi,

By way of introduction, I've moved on to a motorhome as a base to take my son to sailing events around the country. It's much better than traveloge-ing!

Douse anyone know of a wild site near to Grafham Water?

Hope you can help.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Welcome to motorhome fun, not from cambridgeshire myself but have often visited as my dad lived there, plenty of places to wild camp and some overnight parking points to so just jump in the motorhome and end up where ever. xxxx Sorry I cant answer your question fully

Good luck xxx

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
Have you tried asking the sailing club if you can use their car park (most sailing clubs have somewhere to park) its m#not as if you are setting up camp if you are attending a sailing meet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

mark antony

Free Member
Sep 28, 2009
Funster No
Thanks for the welcome to the MH fratinity and your observation that the sailing club might be able to offer a base. Unfortunately in this case the training event we’re heading to is at the Grafham Water Centre – which doesn’t permit MH’s on site.

That said, most, if not all sailing clubs have a relaxed attitude to MH’s parking up on site – as long as you are there for a sailing event.

Anglican Water have car parks by the lake, but they are barriered off after past traveller encampments It sounds promising that it is an area with stop-overs; but as a newcomer to this would be more confortable if I had somewhere to go to direct.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Link Removed

Henryhymer

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
Funster No
you could try Grafham water campsite. Although they are part of the caravan club they have a field that is rarely used and doesn't have electric hookups. May be worth the few pounds they charge for access to the facilities. Their direct phone no is 01480 810264

OP
OP
M

mark antony

Free Member
Sep 28, 2009
Funster No
Good advice with the Gafham water camping site; indeed that’s where I had intended to stay. Unfortunately the numbers coming to the training event means that they’re fully booked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back