Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I have just bought the lorry GPS for my husbands birthday :)
Have arrived from Navbuzz but ' canu believe it ' no France maps !! Every other country but !! Not much use when we live there !

Have contacted them but wondered if anyone else has found France missing on theirs ??? :Eeek:

OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Ok but have read the instructions reference updating maps kindly done by pwilmo but am scared to death as not at all computer savvy !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim et Lou

Free Member
Oct 12, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I am new to this
Down load the maps of France. Plug your Sat Nav into you PC. Go to my computer and open the map files for your Sat Nav. copy and paste the downloaded files into the map folder on your device.
You will not break the device. If it fails to work then no harm done I did this with mine for updating the maps for the UK.:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Thank you , depending on reply from Navbuzz I'll give it a go !!

Am ok with basic stuff but the rest scares the s..t out of me !! :Eeek:

Jim et Lou

Free Member
Oct 12, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I am new to this
Thank you , depending on reply from Navbuzz I'll give it a go !!

Am ok with basic stuff but the rest scares the s..t out of me !! :Eeek:
I did not get help at all from Navbuzz .

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The maps are zipped so you need to extract them before you copy them to the map folder on the satnav. It sounds complicated but it's really quite simple, however I'm not the best at explaining things. If you are meeting anyone from here at a rally soon perhaps they will download them to their computer and put them on for you. They're a bit big to email or attach.

OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
The maps are zipped so you need to extract them before you copy them to the map folder on the satnav. It sounds complicated but it's really quite simple, however I'm not the best at explaining things. If you are meeting anyone from here at a rally soon perhaps they will download them to their computer and put them on for you. They're a bit big to email or attach.

Oh I hope it sent that complicated :Eeek: zips are on trousers I thought !!

OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Bump :)

Can anyone explain zip? And what I need to do with it !!!

Before anyone says remember to do it up !!!! :ROFLMAO:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The file when you download it is a compressed file. When you double click it it should open in whatever software you have on your PC to unzip it. You will see there are now several files, click on extract all and it will open a file explorer window with the files in. Copy these to the maps folder on your satnav. There is a text file giving instructions there too.
Even better, find someone local to you who has the same satnav and just transfer the files from his/hers.

Edit, just noticed you are in France, Correze is not all that far from Parc Verger, perhaps someone is there. I am going to France on Thursday, but not anywhere near there I'm afraid.

Last edited:
OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks everyone for tge help :Smile:

Will try to add France after the weekend ! Busy over weekend and anything computer needs all my attention :RollEyes:

Will let you know how it goes !!

OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Mine came without the France maps as well but cannot help my friend done mine:thumb:

Wish there was an unlike button !! I need your friend here :ROFLMAO:

Btw Got a reply from Navbuzz with instructions how to add France map and apology so surely with all these instructions we can do it !! But don't hold your breath folks !!! :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Ok thought I would give it a go !!!

Got as far as downloading the maps and unzipped them :coolthumb::thumb: only took 30 mins to work it out !!

Now totally unsure how to proceed :Eeek: see told you I know or understand nothing !!!

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Spitfire

I've just bought the same satnav and went online today to download the latest maps. Well, tried to go online because the website login wasn't working. I was attempting to login via www.freemapsupdate.com as per the instructions that came with the GPS.

Please could you post the URL (website link) for the site you got your zipped update file from?

Many thanks. :Smile:

Mike

OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
We used www.freemapsupdate.com and that worked .

If it works for you looking for someone to give me inletters of one syllable how to use them to update the GPS from them.

Am very very dim to need childlike instructions :ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
We used www.freemapsupdate.com and that worked .

If it works for you looking for someone to give me inletters of one syllable how to use them to update the GPS from them.

Am very very dim to need childlike instructions :ROFLMAO:

even their website is crap !!!!!!!

OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Down load the maps of France. Plug your Sat Nav into you PC. Go to my computer and open the map files for your Sat Nav. copy and paste the downloaded files into the map folder on your device.
You will not break the device. If it fails to work then no harm done I did this with mine for updating the maps for the UK.:thumb:

Thank you :Smile: I understand to Plug in your Sat Nav ( see I told you I was dim !! ) I can copy and paste ( done that before ! ) but does the map folder appear on your own computer when GPS is plugged in ?

Sorry if I sound really dim but this is more than I have ever done before !!

Jim et Lou

Free Member
Oct 12, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I am new to this
Thank you :Smile: I understand to Plug in your Sat Nav ( see I told you I was dim !! ) I can copy and paste ( done that before ! ) but does the map folder appear on your own computer when GPS is plugged in ?

Sorry if I sound really dim but this is more than I have ever done before !!

You open my computer and select the plugged in device ie your Sat Nav. Then find the map folder, it will show all the maps on the device. Now open the folder that you unzipped the downloaded maps to copy the files, not the folder, and paste them in the map folder you have opened in my computer.

Jim et Lou

Free Member
Oct 12, 2013
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I am new to this
I am in the chat room if you want me to talk you through it:thumb:

Last edited:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Just tried it with user pnavi and password 12890780 works fine

Lunarman

Falcon 269

Free Member
Jul 11, 2013
Melton Mowbray, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just tried it with user pnavi and password 12890780 works fine

Lunarman

Thanks. That's the same login and password that I have but the pNavi website won't even let me enter them.

When click on 'login' I get a small dialogue box which says 'System Message' with some Chinese characters beneath it. That clears to a blank screen and nothing else happens.

None of the hyperlinked text on the home page works for me, either. I've tried IE and Mozilla web browsers.

Weird and frustrating. :Angry:

Boater

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Bridgend s.wales
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi I have loaded the french maps onto mine when I use my present location bridgend South Wales and look for a route to anywhere in France it says the road system is not complete between the two places is this normal? Will it change when I get to France any ideas thanks.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Hi I have loaded the french maps onto mine when I use my present location bridgend South Wales and look for a route to anywhere in France it says the road system is not complete between the two places is this normal? Will it change when I get to France any ideas thanks.

I had this very same problem (trivial compared to main problem i had) The system kept flashing a message across the screen saying "External Power Source disconnected" while it was plugged into the car charger, this kept coming up every 10 minutes or so until eventually it shuts down.... But going back to your problem, i put some French towns into the nav and it said exactly the same as what your says, I have sent mine back for a replacement but just before i did i stuck some more French addresses in it and it was ok - so what all that was about i dont know:whatthe: - I never updated my system but i did notice that all the European maps were on the little card (which i removed when i sent the system back):thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i would guess there is no road between UK and France and the satnav doesn't recognise the ferry ports or tunnel. just route to your port, say Portsmouth, Dover or Poole, then route from the destination port to the town in France etc. you want. its a pretty simple work around

OP
OP
spitfire

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks all but on the list of maps all others are there but not France ! So when you choose country no France ! Not much use when you live there :)

He is sending another card and if that doesn't work then a replacement it is .

Not too much if a problem as not going anywhere in the van at the moment !!

Boater

Free Member
Oct 6, 2010
Bridgend s.wales
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I had this very same problem (trivial compared to main problem i had) The system kept flashing a message across the screen saying "External Power Source disconnected" while it was plugged into the car charger, this kept coming up every 10 minutes or so until eventually it shuts down.... But going back to your problem, i put some French towns into the nav and it said exactly the same as what your says, I have sent mine back for a replacement but just before i did i stuck some more French addresses in it and it was ok - so what all that was about i dont know:whatthe: - I never updated my system but i did notice that all the European maps were on the little card (which i removed when i sent the system back):thumb:

I have the external power problem as well only lasts about five minutes on a full charge think the unit will be returned have tried puting in another location to destination doesn't seem to be a way of doing it thanks for the replies still trying.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back