Gowerton, Swansea (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
First weekend of season and all working well in the van. Had a great time in Gowerton, Swansea. Any funsters use this CC site?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Any funsters use this CC site?
Hi there,
Rita and I do when we come down that way to visit family in Gorseinon. Unfortunately due to it being "on marshland " it can get a bit boggy at times.

Access to the site, for anyone who hasn't been before should be from the Gowerton town end, (as is advised for the CC site directions), and not from the Loughor end, due to the very restricted access to a narrow bridge with a weight limit.

It's a great location, if you have a means of getting about, to visit the Gower area. Walking to the bus stop or railway station for a bus/train to Swansea or Llanelli, is not for the elderly or infirm unfortunately. :Sad:

Cheers,

Jock.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Hi there,
Rita and I do when we come down that way to visit family in Gorseinon. Unfortunately due to it being "on marshland " it can get a bit boggy at times.

Access to the site, for anyone who hasn't been before should be from the Gowerton town end, (as is advised for the CC site directions), and not from the Loughor end, due to the very restricted access to a narrow bridge with a weight limit.

It's a great location, if you have a means of getting about, to visit the Gower area. Walking to the bus stop or railway station for a bus/train to Swansea or Llanelli, is not for the elderly or infirm unfortunately. :Sad:

Cheers,

Jock.

We stayed there a couple of years ago and found it a nice place to stop. Completely agree about the walk to the bus :whatthe: Phew!

Also the warden told us that when the marshland flooded it covered the road, keeping everyone on site - fortunately the site is a bit higher than the road so it stayed dry.

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
I live less than a mile or so from this site, for obvious reasons not felt the need to use it, but friends have, nice site well layed out from my visits, the flooding only occurs at high tide and then only for the time it takes for the tide to drop, I use the road past the site as a short cut during the school run/rush hour, as does it seem half the population of Gowerton and loughor, other that that a quiet place to chill out.

If you think the bus stops a long walk, find a pub within staggering distance. :ROFLMAO:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
If you think the bus stops a long walk, find a pub within staggering distance. :ROFLMAO:
Would I be right in saying that it would have to be either The Gowerton Inn, or the Globe Inn, both if which require a taxi from, if you are blinkit. :ROFLMAO:

You are right about locals using Marsh Rd as a short cut. It's more of a rat run. :roflmto:

Cheers,

Jock.

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
Yes Jock you are ring on both cases, there are 2 more pub within 100 yards of the globe, one does cracking grub, not been in any of them for years the one that does food is less than 100 yards from us, but they drove the regulars away.

Nick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Well I never !!