Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
My kids (son, daughter, and grandson) are taking the MoHo down to the Gower for the half-term break. They have paid the deposit for a five-day stop at Carreglwyd at Port Eynon, but are now having doubts. They know the Gower well, but have never stayed at that site and have now read some poor reviews on Trip Adviser. Any Funsters care to offer any helpful comment?

Ta muchly

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Stayed there last july....right on beach....showers were hot ...pitches big enough ..plenty space ......good walks and great views what more could you want:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Looks ok but ought to be at the price:Eeek::Eeek:

Why do you think thats expensive?

We stopped overnight at the Grouse and Claret at Rowsley, that was £20.00 + £5.00 for awning if thats what you wanted. Makes £22.00 look OK to me:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You can stop on the Gower cheap. This is my favourite CL there. I've not been there for a while, I must go back. Great walks from your pitch straight onto Mewslade Bay which is quite literally one of the nicest and most interesting beaches in the world :thumb:

Broken Link Removed

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I just love Mewslade and they have bats in the caves down on the beach. It really is the most beautiful place I've been. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Fairy Godfather

Free Member
Oct 5, 2012
Derby
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
We stopped at Port Eynon last year when we stopped in our motorhome at another site at the top of the hill. I have previously camped at Carreglwyd but noticed motorhomes were parked up on the site. It is a tight fit down the road to Port eynon in any reasonable sized van but not impossible. The site is clean, well maintained but quite sloping and you will need chocks. It is also only 2 minutes to the beach from the entrance. Fully recommend the fish and chips in the cafe on the front!!:thumb:

OP
OP
Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Well my son, Daughter and Grandson are on site at Carreglwyd now and are delighted with the site.
As an unexpected bonus the site and the beach are not crowded, as half-term is a week later in Wales than in England. Bonus!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I never take too much notice of bad reviews..

1) If the person writing it has the hump, bad review

2) A lot of reviews are written by people who are newbies and do not know what to expect

3) A lot of reviews are written by people with very unrealistic expectations

4) A lot of reviews are written by folk who have been to the same site for years.. They try something different and simply do not feel 'comfortable', that leads to a bad review

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Well my son, Daughter and Grandson are on site at Carreglwyd now and are delighted with the site.
As an unexpected bonus the site and the beach are not crowded, as half-term is a week later in Wales than in England. Bonus!
Glad they are enjoying it I was there in July and it wasn't crowded even then:Smile:

OP
OP
Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Glad they are enjoying it [HI]I was there in July and it wasn't crowded even then:[/HI]Smile:

Perhaps we should all be grateful for the bad reviews.

I haven’t been to the Gower myself for a good few years now. I think I may take Jim’s advice for my next trip down there and put on my Mewslade shoes.

Last edited:

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
swanseajack

this site a credit to the owners they take no crap from people that spoil others enjoyment smell the salt from the sea and wind in hair and have a fab time remember if you build a sand castle on the beach it will not be there tomorrow :ROFLMAO:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
You can stop on the Gower cheap. This is my favourite CL there. I've not been there for a while, I must go back. Great walks from your pitch straight onto Mewslade Bay which is quite literally one of the nicest and most interesting beaches in the world :thumb:

Jim, is that a CC CL? I can't find it on the CC website. It looks great :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back