got to stop a while (1 Viewer)

speed080

Free Member
May 28, 2010
Funster No
Due to unforeseen events I have to lay up our m/h for maybe 14 months ,It is a autotrail scout sprinter auto and is parked in secure storage. m/h is drained down and empty of personal items. Question is do I run it round compound occationly or put on blocks or some old wheels and tyres that I have, the present tyres are almost new. there are also 2X 110 batts 6 month old with a 130 watt solar on roof, will batts be ok or damaged thru lack of use, maybee it will be better just to sell and start again later but the m/h is now just how we like it. would a cover help but that will stop solar and poss wind chaffing damage,in short what is the best way to lay up a van for a length of time and the best way to recomission after .I am already getting m/h withdrawal symptom's and I will read about all your adventures with envy. Thanks in advance for any replies I might transfer my fun sticker to my car:Smile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Start it up at least once a month, give it a drive and switch everything on for a few minutes. Nothing is worse than just leaving it.

Peter

pegleg

Free Member
Aug 31, 2013
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
12 years
Speaking of storage this might sound daft ,but Ive got a motorhome sprinter and on my first M.O.T. it fail due to me leaving hand break on and one side was sticking so I always chock the wheels now and leave the hand break off :Doh:and its been ok since ,good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back