Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Businesses including the club you booked with have a duty to ensure compliance with the disability discrimination act.

This includes ensuring that reasonable special requests on disability grounds are complied with or where that is not possible to advise you at the earliest possible opportunity.

I notice in their reply to you there is nothing about reprimanding the member of staff who took your booking or about giving staff extra training to ensure similar situations in the future are avoided.

I fail to see why vouchers could not have been included with the response letter itself and personally think they are getting off very lightly with a goodwill gesture of 2 days vouchers.

Perhaps some national press adverse publicity wouldnt go amiss on this occasion.

I personally feel you have been very badly treated and if it had been me, they would have lost our business permanently.

I think you are very gracious in the way you have dealt with it.

Heres hoping your next break goes without a hitch xxxxx

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
I personally could not agree more BUT that is all we expect from the Caravan Club, I'm afraid.

As I have said so many, many times previously I have complained on behalf of my BPG members many, many times and in almost every single case I have had stereo-typed replies.

I am thinking of compiling them to produce a book on the "100 best replies from the ...............

OP
OP
R

russ

Free Member
Oct 8, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Selfbuild
Exp
2 years
Hi all just to let you all know that i got my two tokens today,going to change my club when my membership comes to an end.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Glad you got your tokens, :Smile: not a very good advertisment for them perhaps they have learnt a lesson ! :Doh:

OP
OP
R

russ

Free Member
Oct 8, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Selfbuild
Exp
2 years
Glad you got your tokens, :Smile: not a very good advertisment for them perhaps they have learnt a lesson ! :Doh:

Doubt it to big a club,forgetting their roots like lots of clubs.I think i might try C.C.C. any comments good or bad welcome.:Smile:

OP
OP
R

russ

Free Member
Oct 8, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Selfbuild
Exp
2 years
dylan your campsite any where near Barmouth,got a sister there if she is still alive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
No Russ not near Barmouth, we are near Llandovery bit west from Brecon.
Camping and caravan club have been good to us as a certificated site so can't be worse than Caravan Club :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back