Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Afternoon al,just got back from the Northern show,met plenty of fellow funsters.now the serious problem,as anybody got any idea why my sun voyager,starts okay when cold,there is a humming noise when you accelerate,and when you shut the engine down it wont start again till its cooled down,the engine is running sweet,im trying the rv forums in usa to see if i can get an answer,thx The Bandit:cry:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Sorry cant help....

But I`m sure if you ask the question on our sister site =
www.rvoc.co.uk

Dedicated site for anything American... :thumb:

You will get an answer,,, not straight away because a lot are away at the moment...

But worth a try... :thumb:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
In the 'good old days' you would use the choke to adjust for cold starting but now they're automatic you have no such control!
:thumbdown:
Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sounds like a fuel issue, so may be pump or if you have one the carb. when hot the little fuel in the pipe may be vapourized so starving the engine till it cools

it really is a case of being hands on with the motor to be able to diagnose properly

OP
OP
bandit

bandit

Free Member
Oct 2, 2011
Widnes,Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
hello Bigone

Hello,ive just been to my rv,thats parked nr where i live at the moment,they are working on Runcorn bridge so traffic is a nightmare,I will take back to the compound where its parked tomorrow after work.Its been 2hrs to cool down,i started it no problem,kept it running for 10mins,stopped it,waited 10mins and it started no problem.There is nobody round ere want to go near my rv.I might av to run it down to Dave Evans at Cannock.Thanks for your imput,i will let you know the outcome.The Bandit.:thumb:aka Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back