Got one at last

Discussion in 'Computers' started by slobadoberbob, Dec 22, 2011.

1. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

At long last I have purchased a MacBook Pro - 15" .. I have the iPad and the iphon4 .. so it was just a matter of time and pennies before I took the plunge and put the money down.

I am now in to day two of setting it up. I have spent about two hours on the phone in total with Apple Tec support. Had a few issues, but getting there bit by bit. Usual iTunes installing took for ever. now on tot he photos side.

Had fun and games with the Apple Airport Extreme .. boosts the signal from the AOL router in my office to the far reaches of the house.. worth the bucks.

PC World was the same price as John Lewis and Apple.. but gives a £50 in store voucher .. Apple is apple you get the item and no freebies.. John Lewis gives a second year warranty.. so once again we went with John Lewis...

Bob

2. tofo

tofo Funster

Well done no complaints about my mac

I bought mine from apple store
    they showed me how to set it up there
    Mind I did take 3hours in the shop before coming out
    Miss management said something about go on your own next time
    Or worms to that effect

• Like Like x 1
  3. 656

656 Read Only Funster

I have the 13" version. Fitted 8 gb ram and took about 20 mins to set up. I am an Apple trainer so I know the system well. I also installed Paralels Desktop as I run a Windozs app to do my web sites. All in all, very please with it, even managed to get a driver for my Mitsubishi CP9550DW dye sub printer. No driver for the Mac available for the Olmec printer I looked at. I run Elements 9 for photos, shame there is not a Mac version of Greenscreen Wizard, just a Photoshop plug in that does not work.

• Like Like x 1
  4. aba

aba

no problems with my 13" macbook either it just seems to work although it has slowed down a bit recently

• Like Like x 1
  5. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Macbook 15, iPad, iPhon4, Appletec, iTunes, Appleairportextreme, AOL, 8gbram Paralels deskto[p, cp550dw, dye sub printer???

What the Hell are you Jokers on about?:Wink:

Mate it's plug in the wall, turn on, press the blue button, double click on Google, click on favourites BINGO!:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  6. 656

656 Read Only Funster

CP9550DW Dye Sub Printer
    parallels desktop/

:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: